Quality Engineer - Electromechanical 9528DW
Niche Manufacturer servicing speciality aerospace and automotive applications. Evanston, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Electro-mechanical Manufacturer located near Evanston is currently seeking a candidate for the role of Quality Engineer that will replace the incumbent, who is retiring from the company.
- Work across functional teams to gather and document customer specific requirements and develop action plans to comply with these requirements.
- Prepare and manage all aspects of assigned customer PPAP processes in the AIAG core tools (as required). This activity includes the preparation, execution and fulfillment of all customer specific requirements for internal PPAP/PSW approval and eventual customer submission.
- Resolve complex technical problems collaboratively by providing guidance and facilitation in determining root cause for product non-conformances and customer complaints.
- Perform product and process risk assessment activities, including Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Analyze Warranty, Product Test and Manufacturing Process Data streams and feedback mechanisms using statistical analysis to investigate root causes and implement corrective actions including process improvements and design change requests. Then validate effectiveness after implementation.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
BS in Engineering discipline with at least 3 years of applicable experience in quality engineering for electro-mechanical components or sub-assemblies.
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management System and other applicable industry standards.
- Extensive metrology, GD&T and drawing interpretation skills.
- Possess strong competency in advanced Quality Core Tools such as Process Flow Diagrams, Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FMEA), Control Plans, MSA (Gage Capability), Process Capability (SPC) and Error Proofing/Poke Yoke.
- Strong proficiency with analytical problem solving methods – i.e. 8D, Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, 3 Leg & 5 Why, and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and/or SSCBB or GB helpful.
Niche Manufacturer servicing speciality aerospace and automotive applications.Why Work Here?
Excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Niche Manufacturer servicing speciality aerospace and automotive applications.