KR42SWE2 - Mid Level Software Engineer - Cleared
- Over a month ago
Supports a suite of web-based applications that automate data management for data custodians. The products facilitate the capture of information and approvals that allow for the movement of data through the customer space in a compliant manner. These products are critical to the standardize and simplify data movement as well as data reuse and integration with downstream tools. A Java Software Engineer Level 2 will become a member of a mature software development effort using Java as the primary language. The development effort uses Agile methods to assign, track and manage software activities and requirements within the team. This position will allow an advanced level Java developer to broaden their skills in the Java language as well as use current technologies such as Quarkus and PrimeFaces. Use of these technologies allows for full stack development, to include ease of building UIs. Future requirements to expand into a hybrid computing environment will also introduce opportunity for increased knowledge in AWS technologies.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
RequirementsTS/SCI with poly required
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in projects of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience out of the most recent 8 years developing production software for one of the following environments: Solaris and/or Linux OS.
- Quarkus (web container) Jakarta Faces and Primefaces for UI level development of web applications.
- Relational databases such as Postgres Using Maven, Git and Jenkins environments
- Ability to work in a team environment; good communication and collaboration skills; self-starter
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software.
- Four (4) years demonstrated experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work experience with OpenSource (NoSQL) products such as Hbase /Accumulo, Big Table, et cetera.
- At least three (3) years of experience developing software for UNIX/Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience developing RESTful services
- Health & Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Matching
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Hiring Bonuses
- Referral Recruitment Program
NiSUS Technologies Corporation
AddressAnnapolis Junction, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?