Technical Sales Engineer
Nexus IT Consultants
Salt Lake City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Technical Sales Engineer
Type: Full-Time Position, Standard Office Hours, M-F 8a-5p
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Salary/Pay: $60K - $80K / Year - Commensurate with experience and education
Apply At: https://app.eddy.com/careers/nexusit
Are you a Technical Sales Engineer, that’s ready for a new challenge?
· Feel like you’ve hit a ceiling, with your present-day Job?
· Ready to take on the commitment of building strong business relationships?
· Ready to start making a real impact in your client relationships?
Well, you’re reading this, good! This may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
Nexus IT is a premier IT Services company (Managed IT Services and Security Services Provider (MSP/MSSP)), that feeds the technology demands and network needs of small and medium-sized businesses across the nation. Each of us makes up a brilliant team of dedicated intellectuals, with every role serving an absolute purpose. We are looking for people who will be part of our team and embrace our core values and vibrant culture.
That’s where you come in… Keep reading, it gets better!
The Sales Engineer's mission is to drive growth by providing pre-sales technical support to prospective and existing clients and to show how our solutions can best address their use cases and technical requirements. The Sales Engineer is a highly visible technical and product expert with the responsibility to be the primary technical solutions designer and a driver for the internal advancement of customer requirements.
Now, let’s talk about why you’d want to work here!
Yes, we have awesome, comprehensive benefits and perks. Those include:
· Major Medical Insurance
· Minor Medical Coverage
· Telemedicine, Prescription Discounts, and more
· Mental Health Resources and Access to Mental Health Professionals
· Nexus IT Covers 100% of Employee Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Flex/Unlimited PTO
· Paid Holidays
· Employee Wellness Programs, Coaching, Applications, and Platforms
· Ongoing Employee Personal and Professional Development Programs, and Significant Internal Career Opportunities
· Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Incentives and Bonuses
· Quarterly Team Activities, Reconnects, or Retreats
· And more….
Ready for the next step? Good, here are a few final details to consider…
We do not believe that being career-stuck is a strategy. We expect to retain the best, that want to grow as people and professionals, and that’s why we are so bold about what we want – because we expect to find it. Send in your Cover Letter and Resume, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at the link in this listing, and be sure to list in the cover letter, why this specific role fits into your career path. Only submissions with these articulations will be considered.
Only local applicants, or those willing to relocate at their own expense, need apply. This position will be based in our downtown Salt Lake City, Utah HQ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with prospects, existing, clients, and the Nexus IT Sales Team to design comprehensive technology solutions to address the needs, objectives, and scalability of our client environments
- Be the local product expert to generate revenue for the products in the assigned portfolio
- Support account managers with technical aspects of products and services sold to clients
- Train local sales teams on products applicable to the markets they support
- Bring the voice of the customer on new product opportunities, product gaps, and market trends to the commercial and product management teams for action
- Identify and develop new Premium products business opportunities
Success in the Sales Engineer position will be based on your ability to meet or exceed the client’s expectations while ensuring the work is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
All designed solutions should be comprehensive and address all client needs and objectives. Solutions should be simple to deploy, manage, and simple for end-user training and adoption.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to effectively listen and communicate with team members, partners, and clientele, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to successfully prioritize service issues based on multiple competing objectives.
· Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously, routinely multitasking and reassigning priorities.
· Willingness and commitment to ongoing learning and development.
· Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each project and client account.
· Ability to create effective project plans, including phases to successfully execute projects that are on time, on budget, and create an extraordinary client experience, with 100% client satisfaction.
· Knowledge in advanced networking configurations (Routing, VPN, and Layer 2/3 switching).
· Ability to successfully train the client on the new solution(s) implemented.
· Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
· Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
· Ability to remain in contact with the client through satisfactory completion of tickets.
· Ability to work with little supervision and manage a team.
· Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong customer relationship skills.
· Organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
· Advanced knowledge and experience in servers, routers, layer 2/3 switches, and other networking devices.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Education: A minimum of BS in Computer Science or similar degree, or the equivalent in technical certifications.
- Years of experience: A minimum of 8 years of on-site and remote Server, Desktop, and Network technical support and system administration experience required.
- Extensive past network, infrastructure, and technology solutions design experience is required.
- Past technical sales-engineering or sales experience is desired.
- Industry related experience highly desired: MSP/MSSP and experience in implementing Managed Service Solutions for clients is preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: A+, NET+, Security+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
· Normal professional, office environment.
· Authorized to work legally in the United States for any employer without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Relocation Note: We are not providing relocation expenses for this position. If you are not in the Northern Utah area, are not interested in relocating at your own expense or cannot commute regularly to our Salt Lake office - please do not apply for the position. If you are looking at relocating to Northern Utah (which is super awesome, especially with the current tech scene) - please specify that you are willing to relocate and why Northern Utah interests you.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Nexus IT Consultants
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
Get fresh Technical Sales Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.