Recreation Therapist - CTRS - PRN
Nexus Health Systems, Inc. Conroe, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
• Provides evaluations for residents’ recreational needs through administration of leisure inventory and interview.
• Demonstrates knowledge of individual residents’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties and ensures staff is knowledgeable of same.
• Provide individualized POC’s and treatment services within individual, group, and community based environments.
• Exhibits knowledge of and ensures daily documentation of residents’ progress is completed according to
NNC’s policies and procedures.
• Records daily treatments and billing charges with respect to department policy.
• Attends treatment team rounds and provides verbal and written information regarding residents’ status to the treatment team.
• Attends residents’ discharge planning meetings to discuss leisure recommendations.
• Establishes and instructs resident/caregivers in resident programs.
• Participates in in-service training programs with staff to achieve a high standard of care by all staff.
• Provides Activities Coordinator with education and support in direct resident care and resident-related activities
• Communicate with the Therapeutic Recreation Services Coordinator, physicians, and other team members regarding resident progress, barriers, and plans.
• Perform all job duties and tasks in accordance with the NCTRC guidelines
• Provides supervision and planning to program staff and residents’ programming in Therapeutic Recreation programs.
• Adequately addresses and/or resolves residents’ grievances, demonstrating knowledge of notifying Administration as appropriate.
• Complies with and ensures staff follows Special Supervision guidelines as per policy and procedures including appropriate documentation of same.
• Assists in managing appropriate staffing standards as per budgetary guidelines.
• Assists in managing departmental purchasing of supplies and equipment.
• Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention skills.
• Meets all deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests not addressed elsewhere.
• Assists Activities Coordinator with monthly activity calendar and posts in all resident homes.
• Plans for all special events on campus.
• Assists with development of NNC Volunteer program.
• Demonstrates ability to assemble recreational media with instructions for direct care staff to use with residents.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors of Science degree in Therapeutic Recreation from an accredited institution.
• Certified as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist recognized by NCTRC.
• Minimum of one year experience in recreational therapy program, preferably with experience with individuals with neurological impairments and/or physical health & rehabilitation
• Must be certified in CPR, ABC 101and First Aid.
• Must be knowledgeable of and practice Infection control and Universal Precautions at all times.
• Must have a current tuberculosis test (within one year) and be tested on annual basis thereafter.
• Must pass a criminal background check on an annual basis.
• Must maintain current licensure in good standing during employment with the facility.
Nexus Health Systems, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Nexus Health Systems, Inc.