Behavior Therapist - BCBA
Nexus Health Systems, Inc. Conroe, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
In conjunction with the Neuropsychologist, the Behavior Therapist works directly with the entire treatment team to provide behavioral interventions to the patients as necessary.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates the development and monitoring of the behavioral aspects of the interdisciplinary treatment plans, in conjunction with a patient’s attending physician.
2. Develops and provides training and support for team members as needed for implementation of the Neurocognitive Therapy Program and the interdisciplinary treatment plans.
3. Provides individual and/or group behavioral interventions for patients and their families in accordance with the patient’s interdisciplinary treatment plan.
4. Educates internal staff members about behavioral interventions and effective communication and interpersonal strategies for caring for individuals with an acquired/traumatic brain injury or stroke.
5. Participates in and/or coordinates weekly team conferences for all patients on case load in conjunction with interdisciplinary care team.
6. Provides behavioral assessments, data assessments, psycho-educational instructions, and behavioral analyses to identify and treat handicapping conditions that may interfere with other therapeutic successes.
7. Identifies and coordinates resolution of areas of concern or conflict with patients’ families, as these concerns or conflicts pertain to a patient’s care, in a professional, proactive and courteous manner.
8. Communicates with the clinical services department and coordinates intervention with all therapy departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness as an integrated, empirically-supported, specialized rehabilitation program.
9. Communicates with the Director of Neurocognitive and Counseling regarding treatment planning, behavioral programming, clinical coordination, goals, objections, areas of clinical concern, and services successfully implemented.
10. Presents self in a professional manner when representing the facility.
11. Provides short-term, solution-focused individual, group, and family behavior-analytic services for an inpatient medical population as directed by physicians.
12. Establishes effective communication practices with psychological and medical staff to provide insight into the organizational and behavioral barriers interfering with patient recovery and to provide suggestions for improved staff/patient relations.
13. Formally and informally, educates and in-services staff and the community about the role of behavioral/environmental management and psychology in effective patient care.
14. Tracks and manages relevant therapeutic outcomes data to assess effectiveness of the Healthy Eaters Feeding Program.
15. Participates in discharge planning and provides recommendations for services post discharge.
16. Identifies areas of need, provides assistance, and coordinates support groups for patients and/or caregivers.
17. Participates in marketing to the community and educating surrounding hospitals in coordination with the marketing team.
18. Stays current with latest research and practices in the behavioral management and care of patients with acquired/traumatic brain injuries, and stroke as it applies to the role of the psychological treatment team.
19. Attends conferences/workshops as appropriate to maintain a professional network of resources and educates other professionals (locally and nationally) on the programs available at the facility.
20. Provides supervision to behavior therapy interns to monitor the implementation of behavioral aspects of the interdisciplinary treatment plans as well as safeguarding the delivery of behavioral services to patients.
21. Participates in on-going program development meetings to assess the efficacy of current programs and makes recommendations for treatment fidelity.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree required
• Training and experience in developing, training, implementing, and monitoring written behavioral programs.
• Minimum two (2) years’ working in an inpatient hospital/rehab setting preferred.
• Board Certified Behavior Analyst required within six (6) months of hire date
• Must be certified in CPR and SAMA within 30 days of employment.
• Must maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility
Nexus Health Systems, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Nexus Health Systems, Inc.