Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Night Shift
393 S Tustin Street Orange, CA 92866
HealthBridge Children's Hospital has a career opportunity for you as a Pediatric Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)!
Pediatric Certified Nurses Assistants have a dynamic role in the recovery process from complex medical issues following an acquired or traumatic brain injury, acute illness, chronic disease, or any other life-altering event.
As the leader in pediatric medical services and rehabilitation, HealthBridge Children's Hospital treats children with primary medical issues who may also have secondary behavioral problems. Working with patients from infancy to age 21 who may have been unsuccessful in traditional rehabilitation environments.
HealthBridge Children's Hospital transitions all types of patients through the care they need, acting as the bridge between the acute hospital and home.
At HealthBridge Children's Hospital, you become part of our family as we’re mending minds.
Under the direct supervision of the nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant assists in the direct patient care and assists patients with activities of daily living.
· Night Shift position
· 12-hour shifts
- Completes and records patient vital signs in a timely manner.
- Ensures that patient temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure are taken and recorded as per instruction.
- Knowledgeable of vital sign ranges and appropriately reports abnormalities in a timely manner.
- Ensures that fluid and food intake and output are appropriately measured and recorded.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living. (e.g. bathing, oral hygiene, care of hair, oral feedings, positioning, transfers, etc.)
- Ensures that any change in patient condition or unusual circumstances is reported immediately to the primary nurse.
- Can verbalize the CNA role in patient emergency situations and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Practices correct isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and to control spread of infection
- Maintains cleanliness of various instruments and equipment used per hospital policy.
- Keeps patient rooms clean and in an orderly condition
- Assist with restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as directed.
- Exchanges and communicates patient care information upon change of shift.
- Performs walking rounds at change of shift.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Ability to accept direction from supervisors and other management team members in a positive and professional manner.
- Returns all soiled trays upon patient meal completion in a timely manner.
- Ensures soiled linen hampers are covered, cleaned and/or emptied as required.
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient and unit needs, communicating those needs to a supervisor or appropriate persons.
- Performs patients’ weights as ordered
- Updates patient communication board daily for assigned patient group.
- Maintains patient turning schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Prefer at least six (6) months experience working in a hospital/rehabilitation/long-term care environment
- Certified as a Texas Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified in CPR/BLS.
- High school Degree or equivalent
- Competitive/Above Market Salaries
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Wellness Insurance
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Life and AD&D
- Discretionary 401k Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Nexus Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.
We believe that each patient has the right to live and work in an environment which provides the greatest degree of independence and quality of life possible.
We believe in cultivating services based upon information gathered from the individual patient.
We believe in providing patients the opportunity to participate in meaningful, productive activities.
We believe that patients should have the opportunity to strive for their personal goals, develop positive social relationships both in the community and with their families, and make informed choices.
Nexus Health Systems is seeking qualified and dedicated candidates passionate about fostering a positive and encouraging recovery environment. With features including interdisciplinary teams, state-of-the-art equipment, and newly renovated facilities, Nexus is a place where staff can really make contributions to patients’ recovery journeys, because after all, we’re in the business of mending minds.