Personal Care Aide (Morning and PM Shift)
- Expired: June 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Available shift schedules:
Morning Shift: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
PM Shift: 2:15pm - 10:20pm
Offers respite care to help them recuperate from injury or illness, as well as memory care for every stage of Alzheimer’s and dementia. The goal is to make our house feel like home for your loved one, and to provide extra hospitality at every step of their journey!
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for providing personal assistance and routine daily care and services to residents in order to enhance the residents’ independence and quality of life.
- Assist with activities of daily living including assisting with resident self-administration of medications assigned, following facility protocol, licensing regulations and guidelines for both resident and employee safety.
- Provide safe transfers, positioning and turning of clients using effective body mechanics.
- Assist in culinary service as needed.
- Respond effectively to resident behavior. Use supportive communication in resident interactions including effective communication skills with residents who have sensory deficits.
- Maintain a safe environment by keeping the community safe, clean and comfortable; recognize environmental safety hazards, understand the methods to prevent on-the-job accidents and injuries.
- Demonstrate good practice of infection control principles by understanding the infectious process and modes of disease transmission, and by using appropriate hand washing techniques.
- Provide assistance with elimination needs of residence by; providing care of the incontinent resident; reinforcing bowel and bladder training; assisting residents with toileting, including the use of urinals, commodes and toilet seat extensions.
- Observe and report resident physical and emotional condition changes, using appropriate terminology.
- Promote open communications between healthcare professionals, families, residents, and staff.
- Good attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Caregiver
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to relate positively and communicate appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other employees
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English as a minimum level to be understood by supervisors, co-workers, and residents
- Must follow safety guidelines, including proper lifting techniques and universal precautions when providing care to the residents
- Possess sufficient computer skills to be able to print documents and enter information into resident records as needed
- Able to work in Salida, CA
- Able to work in either night or graveyard shift.
- Authorized to work in the US
Powered by JazzHR
Nexus HR Services
Personal CareView all jobs at Nexus HR Services