Senior Project Manager
Nexus Engineering Group Maumee, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sr. Project Manager (SPM) defines and connects the clients’ business requirements to the Nexus project execution plan. In addition, the SMP will bring a high level of interpersonal skill, leadership and business savvy critical to aligning (with the client team) and guiding Nexus project team(s) to deliver exceptional project and business performance.
The SPM must be proficient in the following areas:
- Interpersonal interactions and relationship development
- Informal and formal communication
- Team leadership and development
- Personnel coaching and development
- Conflict resolution
- Defining expectations and ability to hold team members accountable for commitments
- Client relationship development
- Process safety management
- Engineering design processes
- Business fundamentals and understanding of project financial performance
- Project and project controls techniques and processes and their effective application
- Integration of construction, operations and maintenance with project plans and designs
- Quality assurance, procurement and contracting fundamentals
- Risk management and mitigation
The SPM must possess the following personal traits and insights:
- Keen self-awareness
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
- Ability and comfort in leading through ambiguity
- Passion for coaching and mentoring
The SPM’s success will be measured by team cohesion and alignment, effectiveness in meeting defined project requirements (quality), overall safety performance, client satisfaction and project commercial performance.
Accountabilities (no delegation):
- Provide positive project team leadership in a manner consistent with Nexus principles
- Clearly define client project requirements and translate them to project deliverables
- Open and honest internal and external project communications leading to “no surprises”
- Effective implementation of project, project controls, quality, and risk management processes
- Deliver agreed project commercial results
- Maintain and facilitate direct client relationships at multiple levels
- Reinforce Nexus’ process and personal safety culture
- Lead and coach project team(s) members resulting in collaboration, cohesion and focus
- Support overall client and relationship development activities in coordination with business development and strategic leadership.
- Develop, with appropriate input, project proposals and execution documents
- Integrate individual project support needs and timing with other Nexus activity
- Integrate all key stakeholders and suppliers to optimize project development
- Actively manage, both internally and externally, changes to project scope
- Assess project performance and take action early to correct or mitigate projected variances
- Issue clear project status reports highlighting project performance and challenges
- Capture and present lessons learned from completed projects
- Actively support and participate in project process improvement initiatives
- 10+ years operating company and/or contractor project management experience
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Experience managing projects from initial concept, through execution
- Experience with and general knowledge of contract/liability issues
- Construction, procurement, and contract management experience a plus
- Owner side operating and management experience a plus
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline
- MBA a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
- Professional Engineer’s license a plus
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- Occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. This job description is not to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all activities, duties, and/or responsibilities that are required of the employee. All duties, responsibilities, or activities may be changed, as well as additional duties assigned, at any time with or without notice.
Additionally, it is understood that this position description is not an employment contract for any period. Both the employee’s relationship with Nexus Engineering Group and Nexus Engineering Group’s relationship with the employee is completely voluntary. It is understood that Nexus Engineering Group has not and will not make promises to you regarding length and/or continued status of employment with the company.
Nexus Engineering Group LLC, headquartered in Cleveland with offices in Toledo and Houston, is a full-service, independent engineering firm focused on supporting clients’ specific project goals from concept to startup. With more than a dozen years of proven engineering and design successes, Nexus is the preferred engineering firm of choice when seeking integrity and expertise in the refining, petroleum midstream, chemical, manufacturing and utilities industries.
Nexus is made up of more than 120 professionals experienced in process, instrumentation and controls, structural, electrical, mechanical, and piping engineering and design. Our teams have the talent to tackle all sizes of projects for local and international clients seeking to design, build, and construct highly technical and functional facilities.
Powered by JazzHR
Nexus Engineering Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Nexus Engineering Group