- Posted: over a month ago
Manages overall project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies. Provides technical direction and guidance to subordinate and discipline managers, enforces company and project policies, maintains close client relationship, and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate and discipline managers and supervisors. Performs all functions and responsibilities in partnership with the company’s culture, company vision, ethics, and code of conduct. Position has profit/loss responsibility for assigned projects.
- Establishing a healthy safety culture for the project team
- Implementing company policies and procedures.
- Reviewing project proposal or plan to determine and establish schedule, work plan, budget, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Plan, organize, and staff key field positions through construction manager and contract manager.
- Review all bid packages prior to distribution to bidders and review all correspondence/proposals prior to submission to client to insure accuracy and completeness.
- Plan, coordinate and/or manage activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s). In collaboration with other project leaders, authorize/approve project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.) purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contract including fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc. to protect company’s interests and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Provide advice, guidance, mentoring and direction to subordinates and other junior personnel toward the achievement of their personal development goals.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills and competencies to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Project Management
- Experience leading and managing engineering project efforts
- Financial Management
- Experience managing discipline/project team work according to defined project budgets and schedules
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Expert at establishing/providing solutions to ambiguous engineering and/or management issues
- Technical Capacity
- Expert level knowledge of or familiarity with:
- Microsoft Office products including MS Project
- AutoCAD and PLANT 3-D required
- Industry Standards from API, ASME, ASTM, PIP, etc.
- Working knowledge of industry safety & risk management practices
- Communication Proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building and developing high functioning teams
- Ability to work effectively in teams and to present a positive image to clients
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline (Chemical or Mechanical preferred, not required); advanced degree or PMP certification are a plus
- 5-10 years project management experience, preferably in consulting organization
- EIT Certification desired, PE a plus Excellent leadership, communication, and writing skills
- Business acumen and demonstrated capability to manage business challenges
- Deep understanding of process and personal safety
- Understanding of risk and risk management techniques
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. This job description is not to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all activities, duties, and/or responsibilities that are required of the employee. All duties, responsibilities, or activities may be changed, as well as additional duties assigned, at any time with or without notice.
Additionally, it is understood that this position description is not an employment contract for any particular period of time. Both the employee’s relationship with Nexus Engineering Group and Nexus Engineering Group’s relationship with the employee is completely voluntary. It is understood that Nexus Engineering Group has not and will not make promises to you regarding length and/or continued status of employment with the company.
Nexus Engineering Group LLC, headquartered in Cleveland with offices in Toledo and Houston, is a full-service, independent engineering firm focused on supporting clients’ specific project goals from concept to startup in the refining, petroleum midstream, chemical, manufacturing and utilities industries.
Nexus is made up of more than 180 professionals experienced in process, instrumentation and controls, structural, electrical, mechanical, and piping engineering and design. Our teams have the talent to tackle all sizes of projects for local and international clients seeking to design, build, and construct highly technical and functional facilities. Learn more about working at Nexus.
Powered by JazzHR
Nexus Engineering Group
ConstructionView all jobs at Nexus Engineering Group