Nexus Clinical Solutions LLC is looking for an energetic, very organized, California licensed, board-certified or board eligible, and treatment/rehabilitation focused clinical neuropsychologist to meet the burgeoning demands of the practice. Completion of a formal postdoctoral fellowship/residency in clinical neuropsychology is required. Must have a working knowledge and willingness to work with diverse clinical populations in a large urban setting. We provide clinic-based and telemedicine neuropsychological evaluations of adults, as well as adolescent age cases. The ability to work confidentially and competently work with high profile partners to include the NFL, NBA and elite law firms is essential! Demonstrated skill in successful collaboration among multi-function staff covered by diverse personnel policies and procedures, including assessing, developing and supporting staffing needs and plans are essential.
The position is full-time, salaried, and includes numerous benefits (paid time off, health insurance, contribution, disability insurance, licensure renewal fees, and support for board certification). Nexus provides all necessary office space, furniture, computer hardware and software, technician labor, and testing materials. We have excellent administrative and billing support as well. We require and highly value the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to communicate effectively with patients, medical providers, staff, legal entities, and the public on a variety of complex, sensitive issues. Demonstrated ability to write patient reports and other correspondence, which are clear, concise, logical and appropriate for a variety of audiences are required. The successful candidate will assist in managing a multi-site clinical operations. She/he will perform both direct neurobehavioral clinical services, supervise other neuropsychologists, as well as postdoctoral neuropsychology fellows and externs. This position requires the ability to provide direct service-- as well as supervise--the assessment, diagnostic and neurobehavioral treatment of a wide array of neurological conditions, including the full spectrum of closed and penetrating head injuries, neurodegenerative conditions, acute and chronic pain, cerebrovascular disorders, epilepsy, substance abuse disorders, and a select range of neuropsychiatric conditions. Excellent skills in report writing, verbal communication with referral sources, providing feedback sessions with patients, treatment planning and interfacing with managed care contacts are required.
Specific duties include:
1) Interviewing patients to obtain comprehensive medical histories. Write or prepare detailed clinical neuropsychological reports using data from psychological or neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct observations, or clinical interviews.
2) Provide cognitive rehabilitation, neurofeedback, psychotherapy, behavior therapy, or other interventions to patients with neurological disorders.
3) Provide education or counseling to individuals and families.
4) Participate in educational programs, in-service training, or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques.
5) Read current literature, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in neuropsychology.
6) Perform both direct clinical services, and supervise staff neuropsychologists, neuropsychology postdoctoral fellows, and externs.
7) Documenting/recording information, entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
8) Processing information, compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
Nexus Clinical Solutions LLC is an outpatient and telemedicine assessment, diagnostic, and neurorehabilitation program, with a focus on the evaluation and intervention of individuals (adolescents, young adults, military, and geriatric populations) with a wide range of acquired and degenerative brain disorders (e.g., stroke, TBI, infectious, metabolic, and neurodegenerative) and rehabilitation needs (e.g., pain, cognitive disorders, PTSD, depression, anxiety, adjustment, family issues). Consultation is provided to referral sources such as the military, NFL, NBA, amateur/youth and other professional sports organizations, school systems, medical providers, vocational rehabilitation centers, case managers, and a variety of law firms.
Interested candidates who would like to apply for the position should submit a curriculum vita and letter of interest to Tony L. Strickland, MS, PhD, FNAN (email@example.com). All applications are considered confidential.