Channel Sales Manager - Northwest / Northern California
Nextiva San Jose, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We're not your parent's phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don't study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company — we're the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you're saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
We're actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
Nextiva is seeking a Channel Sales Manager to join our organization. Channel Sales Managers win, maintain, educate, and expand relationships with their channel partners. Channel Managers are responsible for achieving sales objectives in the hosted communications and collaboration market. Channel Sales Managers represent the entire range of company products and services to assigned partners though may focus on a specific solution or product set if focused in a partner vertical market. Channel Sales Managers must exhibit several key abilities, including, but not limited to: background selling solutions-based, technology solutions (preferably in the hosted VoIP space), conducting in-person sales calls, and having a history of educating channel partners to achieve success.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in partner customer accounts.
- Ability to nurture their own channel partners to achieve success.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
Accountability and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned quarterly sales quota in designated partner accounts
- Completes partner account plans that meet company standards
- Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
- Maintains partner monthly recurring growth month over month
- Channel Manager Position Requirements:
- Minimum of five years' experience in channel partner recruitment and management, with a telecommunications product
- Extensive network of channel partners within the assigned territory
- Documented success of bringing on new channel partners to an organization
- Proof of quota attainment and meeting performance objectives
- Advanced understanding of telecommunications industry and VOIP technology
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to exercise assertiveness to influence others so as to create desired sales results
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Strong organization skills; superior attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to follow directions from a remote manager/leader
- Ability to work the required hours of the position
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, at times on short notice
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint skills
So, why Nextiva?
Nextiva is a trailblazer in the Voice over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industries. We're outpacing our competitors, and it's an exciting time to join our team. If you're looking to join a fast-paced tech company with massive potential, Nextiva is the place for you. Our 1,000+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service. We're passionate about upholding our energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity. Nextiva seeks diverse individuals who share our values and vision to help take us to the next level. Nextiva provides an impressive benefits package and has a resilient company culture. Glassdoor named us one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 nationwide. Employees rate Nextiva a 4.9/5 on Comparably, and we've earned many more accolades along the way.
Help us redefine the future of business communications. Apply today!
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
AddressSan Jose, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Nextiva