Nexteer’s Strategic Marketing, Communication and Branding Team manages all global external communications for the Company, including advertising, media relations, digital and social communications, branding and creative development such as brochures, videos and infographics. This intern/co-op position will assist the Global Marketing Communications Manager to develop and execute external communication programs to support the short- and long-term goals and overall success of Nexteer’s Sales & Marketing Team.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Graphic Design: Develop creative assets such as infographics, videos, animations, posters, etc. that can be used across various communication channels such as website, social media, executive presentations and more
- Digital & Social Communications: Help manage the Company’s website and social media channels – including making updates as needed and creating social media posts for Nexteer’s social channels
- Media Relations: Assist with writing press releases and media advisories to promote Company activities and achievements
- Project Management: Support the planning and execution of various marketing communication projects and processes by working with other internal departments and external vendors
- Strategic Planning: Assist with development of communication plans for various initiatives to build our brand with key external audiences
The ideal candidate would be a full-time intern/co-op during the Summer of 2020 (working 40 hours per week) and then transition to a part-time co-op during the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters (working a minimum of 20 hours per week based on the student’s class schedule). The job is located at Nexteer’s World Headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
- Must be a full-time student at a 4-year university
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must be able to work in the US without current or future sponsorship
- Strong computer skillset – proven experience with Microsoft Office & PowerPoint, One Drive and Teams is preferred
- Strong graphic design skillset – proven experience with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills for various business settings
- Experience with managing company social media channels and websites is preferred
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively across regions, cultures, business functions and organizational levels
- Ability to work on multiple tasks – proactively prioritizing activities to achieve results and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically, creatively and consistently
- Highly-motivated, flexible and willing to learn new technologies and applications
As an automotive supplier, Nexteer is a global leader in intuitive motion control. That means we create safety-critical automotive solutions for today’s world and the future of mobility. You’ve likely experienced our steering or driveline products in a car, SUV or truck you’ve driven in because we sell our systems to 60+ OEMs around the world – including GM, Ford, FCA and BMW. Our electric power steering (EPS) systems also increase fuel economy, reduce emissions and enable ADAS features on the road today like park assist, traffic jam assist and lane departure warning.
We are committed to relentless innovation at all our locations around the world. We began in Michigan 110+ years ago and have since expanded to 40+ facilities globally. Our world headquarters is in Auburn Hills, MI, and Saginaw, MI is home to our Global Technical Center and six manufacturing plants. We are committed to Sustainability/Corporate Social Responsibility and are very active in giving back to our local communities. For more about Nexteer, visit www.nexteer.com.
ABOUT NEXTEER’S STUDENT PROGRAM
The objective of the student program at Nexteer is to select students with high potential and provide them with "real world" experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company's products, processes, procedures, problems, resources, staff areas and people so that they become aware of the career opportunities at Nexteer. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity. For more about our student program and careers at Nexteer, visit www.nexteer.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities:If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call1-989-757-5000. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.