Underground Utility and Earthwork Estimator
Nextaff Berkeley, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position requires demonstrable previous experience as an Underground Utility and Earthwork Estimator. This position requires you to be experienced in estimating storm drain, sewer and waterlines for Hard Bid, Design-Build, and Public and Private Projects.
• Produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings, producing detailed, final contract estimates
• Assess site exposures/construction risks and appropriately analyze cost
• Identify and communicate constructability issues, and value-engineering alternatives
• Complete accurate take-offs from design plans and bid specifications to determine quantities and pricing for each project assigned
• Will research material pricing and obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors
• Maintain bid folders
• Maintain existing and develop new client relationships
• Prepare estimates for presentation to clients
• Prepare Awarded Projects for Job Handoff to Management Team
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of technical training and experience preferred.
• 5 years construction estimating, engineering, or similar experience preferred.
• General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing preferred.
• Read blueprints, shop drawings, and specifications
• Effective communication, both verbally and written with clientele, team and management
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Current or past experience in San Francisco market a plus
• 5 years relevant work experience
• 2+ years Bluebeam, SHARPESOFT and AGTEK
What you get:
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, PTO, 401k
Job type: Full-time; Direct-hire
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year