Senior Design Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is a key member of the product development team and will take a leadership role in a variety of activities including product architecture, CAD modeling, prototyping, cost analysis, engineering documentation, and process implementation. The successful candidate will be passionate and highly innovative about new product development, delivering results, willing and enthusiastic for accepting responsibility and accountability and have an ownership mentality, and be recognized as a source of expertise. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will collaborate with various other teams including Supply Chain, Operations, Customer Support and Sales. The Senior Mechanical Engineer reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop 3D CAD models and conduct static and dynamic analysis using standard engineering methods and FEA.
- Produce detail designs for a wide variety of engineered parts produced by machining, welding, and sheet metal fabrication.
- Construct prototypes and evaluate performance by identifying key performance criteria, developing experimentation plans and conducting tests.
- Select materials and manufacturing methods for manufactured components.
- Define requirements and select a variety of purchased components including bearings, linear guides, ball screws and other linear actuators, pneumatics, motors, and related hardware.
- Organize and maintain BOM’s and other engineering documentation related to new product development
- Ensure products adhere to applicable industry and business standards.
- Provides technical product training to customers and various internal personnel.
- Provides status updates of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Maintain active role on continuous improvement teams.
- Hands on experience developing electro-mechanical factory automation systems.
- Working knowledge of commonly used motion control technologies and precision positioning mechanisms.
- Experience solving complex mechanical problems involving precise mechanisms, dynamics, strength of materials, and motion control.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in order to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, management and other stakeholders.
- Strong 3D CAD skills, Solidworks preferred.
- Highly innovative, curious and creative. Driven to find and solve problems in unique ways.
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with high performing teams and interact with all facets of the company.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, plus 6-8 years of experience in the design and development of motion-controlled capital equipment. Additional experience may be used in place of education. Extensive knowledge of tools and techniques for designing and building capital equipment.
Some occasional travel, including overnight stay, may be required. Engineers may be asked to accompany a product to a customer site for installation and training.
This is a full time, salaried position, with a competitive and extensive benefits package that includes:
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Group Term Life Insurance for employee, their spouse and eligible dependents
- 401(k) with company match
- Access to free financial wellness planning
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation time based on years of service
- Employee engagement events throughout the year
Nextaff of Hartford CountyWhy Work Here?
Amazing benefits, flexible pay in a fast-growing company.
We are a local staffing company out of Windsor Locks, CT. We strive to form connections with both clients and candidates and place people in jobs they'll love. We are focused on staffing small to mid-sized factories with quality talent to promote a healthy and efficient work environment to benefit both the workers and the managers. Please reach out to inquire on other job openings in the Industrial/Manufacturing field.
AddressHartford County, CT
TechnologyView all jobs at Nextaff of Hartford County