Sr. Finance Manager - CPA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NextStep Technology is seeking a Senior Finance Manager -CPA to join our team. This position will be providing technical service and support to our customer, Southern Command in Doral Florida. A successful candidate will be experienced with auditing, internal controls, and supporting Financial Audit Readiness and Remediation efforts. This position will be working alongside other NextStep financial management, auditors and systems professionals supporting the J8 senior leadership at Southern Command.
As a Senior Finance Manager - CPA, you will:
- Work with the audit team to validate assertions related to systems, process flows and documentation.
- Produce analysis reports on aged transactions, de-obligations, open commitments, Unmatched Transactions (UMTs) on all financial systems used.
- Monitor trends, progress and propose corrective course of action on a monthly basis.
- Test existing business processes, performing necessary updates, creating narratives and flowcharts to provide a description of how personnel perform a specific business process, the risks the process poses and propose the controls required to mitigate the risks.
- Provide DoD Financial Audit Readiness and Remediation support by interpreting Federal and DoD-wide policies related to financial reporting, financial management, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS).
- Perform analytical studies on highly complex problems using quantitative analysis techniques such as regression analysis, operations research, margin analysis, sensitivity analysis, discounting, simulation, mathematical modeling, and statistical inference to identify trends and deficiencies and propose course of actions to address the issue.
- Research FMR and Red Book to provide senior leadership with information regarding fiscal, financial, and non-financial data. Review, develop and coordinate recommendations to improve and strengthen controls over operations and programs, improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to travel, will represent Southern Command at industry conferences and be responsible for reporting on training and knowledge transfer to J8 senior leadership.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in budget, accounting and/or audit readiness projects.
- Experienced with audit and internal controls.
- Experience with Financial Audit Readiness and Remediation efforts.
- Experience working with senior level executives with clear written and oral communication.
· Has or the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
· CPA License.
· BA or BS degree.
Our core capabilities are Financial Management, Audit Readiness, Business Intelligence and dashboards, Software Development, Training, Recruit & Retention, Legal and Policy Support, Helpdesk, Business Operations, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems implementation and support for Oracle EBS, DEAMS & DAI and SAP GFEBS & GCSS. Furthermore, NextStep holds a Top-Secret Facility Clearance, industry-proven credentials such as CMMI 2.0 Maturity Level III (SVC & DEV), DCAA Approved Accounting Books, ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance standards.
We’re always employing innovative and agile ways to differentiate ourselves and are passionate and successful in delivering value beyond the customer’s expectations. Our customers appreciate NextStep’s program management and customer care approach and as such we repeatedly earn “Exceptional” Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS) from our customers.
At NextStep we offer competitive compensation packages, sponsorship for DoD clearance as required, opportunities for career growth, 401k investment platform, as well as full medical, dental, vision and life insurance at no cost to our full-time employees.
NextStep Technology Inc
9301 NW 33rd St DoralMiami, FL
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Cpa jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.