- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Corporate Controller
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Corporate Controller is responsible for managing the accounting and financial reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP and IFRS for the company and subsidiaries. Additionally, this role will work with the Director of Internal Audit to ensure accounting process risks have been identified, assessed, and documented in accordance with SOX requirements.
NextPoint Financial Inc. is an all-inclusive marketplace for financial services empowering hardworking and underserved consumers and small businesses. NextPoint was formed through the July 2021 combination of Liberty Tax, a leading provider of tax preparation services, with LoanMe, an online lender and loan marketer. Community Tax, a tax debt resolution company was acquired in December 2021.
- Responsible for the leadership, development, and execution of general accounting functions and ensuring a SOX-compliant environment
- Ensure the financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS in a timely manner and prepare accounting technical memos as necessary.
- Act as primary liaison with the company’s external auditors and other external service providers and regulators
- Develop and mentor the accounting team with a focus on advance communication, high transparency, minimizing surprises, and effective partnership with leaders cross-functionally
- Develop and improve internal controls, accounting policies, and infrastructure to support business scale and growth.
- Responsible for the Company’s monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes and management reporting of results
- Manage third-party tax provider and review tax provision.
- Proactively communicate all applicable new accounting pronouncements in an easy-to-understand manner to help organizational leaders to understand impact
- Partner with FP&A team to develop variance analyses to provide business insights to management.
- Leverage systems to drive process efficiencies and internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required
- A Master's degree or MBA is preferred
- CPA is required
- Seven to ten years of accounting experience at either a public company or Big 4 accounting firm
- Five plus years of management and controllership experience
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles, experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) is a plus
- Must have large ERP system experience, Great Plains preferred, and financial reporting software experience
- Professional composure and ability to interface with senior management
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, NextPoint Financial Inc. reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technological developments).
NextPoint Financial Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer.
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Chief Financial Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.