We are looking for mid-level NoSQL Couchbase and Cassandra Database Administrator to join our team. This is a long-term 100% remote job opportunity at a top Fortune 500 company.
What you will be doing as a Remote NoSQL DBA:
- Administer, monitor/maintain, optimize the performance, optimize storage, troubleshoot Couchbase and Cassandra databases including version upgrades. Your priority is to ensure the platforms remain stable, reliable, and available.
- Provide support and management of NoSQL databases.
- Perform Couchbase and Cassandra environment builds, including: design, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Support day-to-day operational maintenance, troubleshoot issues to resolution, ongoing real-time monitoring and alerting and periodic upgrades for the Couchbase and Cassandra databases.
- Key participant in capacity planning and growth projections.
- Support application deployments to production including performance and functional testing.
- Define and implement backup and archival strategies per data retention requirements.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automate approaches for system/database administration tasks through developing scripts.
- Monitor and maintain database health and ensure efficient operation.
- Work with cross functional teams planning, modeling, and implementing solutions utilizing NoSQL technologies.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Ensure existing data/information assets are secure and adhering to a best in class security model.
- On-call rotations are required.
What you bring to the table as a Remote NoSQL DBA:
- Couch base and Cassandra administrative experience mandatory (3-5 years of experience)
- Experience installing, configuring, and administering NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience in a Linux environment
- In-depth understanding of NoSQL
- High Availability strategies - replica sets, sharing, failover
- Solid knowledge of NoSQL database concepts
- Communicate/work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work on a W2 and legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Coding skills with at least one of following: Python, PHP, Perl or Java
Conceived by a group of veterans with decades of Wireless, Connected Technology, and Telecom experience, NextGen was created to provide a better means of recruiting and consulting in the telecom and wireless industry. Our focus is on the core issue most organizations struggle with: recruiting and placing the most talented people in the field with the right skills, fit and within their budget.
The true differentiating factor is the comprehensive analysis we perform for all our clients. We make time to invest in our clients’ expertise and our candidates’ unique needs. More importantly, we strive to build familiarity and trust with everyone we work with. Get in touch with us to begin a fruitful and prosperous relationship and career with NextGen!