Product Manager Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
I am looking for someone that has a background in networking technologies, Agile SW development, data analytics, and DOCSIS . The attached Job Description has a more comprehensive list.
The TPX NGAN Product Manager is responsible for managing the product roadmap for Comcast’s Distributed Access Architecture including Remote PHY Nodes, Virtual Cable Modem Termination Systems, and the complex networks that tie them together. This includes documenting new product ideas and conducting user need analyses for ancillary products so that subscriber and financial objectives are achieved. Manages ongoing product management of new and existing products. Conducts the budgeting, planning, analysis, and monitoring required to ensure unit and financial targets are met for assigned products. This job is an individual contributor role that does not have direct responsibility for supervision or performance management of staff.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
• Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
• Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
• Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users, and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
• Maintain solid communication skills in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
• Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
• Drive results and growth
• Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
• Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
• Internalizes and represents the Voice of the customer throughout the product lifecycle.
• Teams with product development to deliver high quality products on time in support of this highly complex technical infrastructure.
• Getting comfortable quickly and regularly adjusting priorities to support critical product requirements and the needs of our Operations teams.
• Participates in the strategic planning for enhancements to product content and features.
• Monitor changes in technology standards and make recommendations on advancing our infrastructure.
• Develop roadmaps in partnership with engineering and products groups across the organization and work with the product development team to execute on the roadmap and deliver products to market
• Responsible for understanding competitive products and trends in the industry, incorporating those into the product roadmap
• Responsible for documenting, sequencing and engaging the necessary resources, including internal and external partners, and existing assets necessary to support the delivery of new product solutions.
• Assist in developing architectures, designs, and requirements to meet new product needs and align tactical solutions with strategic goals
• Concisely communicate trends, opportunities, and risks, develop and defend POV for product features/benefits.
• Ability to juggle competing priorities across multiple product initiatives
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
• MSO Headend components / functions
• Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial network theory of operations
• CableLabs DOCSIS and Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS)
• Networking technologies; communication protocols, and routing protocols
• Core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, BGP, IS-IS, DHCP, NAT, IPSEC, ECMP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP)
• Routing protocols (e.g BGP, IGRP, OSPF, HSRP, subnetting, VPN, DNS, SNMP, SSH, NTP, L2TP, GRE, VRF
• IP multicast, streaming video.
• Optical network technologies (DWDM), SFP, SFP+, QSFP+, single-mode and multimode fiber
• SW containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
• Agile software development methodologies and processes
• Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, data analysis, and data visualization.