We are seeking a Mobile Device Test Engineer to become an integral part of our team! You will develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software issues. Compensation will be dependent on years of experience and will vary. This is a long-term contract position to support an on-going project.
- The Mobile Device Test Engineer is responsible for the development and engineering activities supporting Wireless Handset technologies.
- This candidate plays a key role in evaluating new technologies and services prior to the integration and deployment into the network.
- The Handset development Engineer creates strategic test plans that ensure performance and stability of Wireless products in the network ensuring the highest levels of customer and operational satisfaction.
- Technologies you will be supporting include, LTE, GSM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth on Android and IOS devices.
- You will collaborate with Network Architects and Product Development on business and technology requirements and assess vendor solutions to address the requirements.
- You will work with Network Architects to create detailed test plans and certification curriculum's, proof of concept trials, and methodologies for analysis of performance criteria.
- You will develop test procedures for execution by cross-functional teams of device testers in external labs, oversee the execution of these tests, provide testing status to management, debug software and hardware issues in a lab environment, and work with device vendors to track and resolve issues found during testing
- Should have excellent knowledge of Android and IOS platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of 3GPP standards (GSM, UMTS, HSPA, LTE), 3GPP2 (1xRTT / EVDO) and/or OMA.
- Experience developing automation utilizing SCPI, LabView, TCL, PERL, and Python programming languages.
- Experience with handset manufacturers, network equipment vendors, and/or chipset vendors a plus.
- Should have excellent knowledge with common mobile handset operating systems (Windows Mobile, Android and other Java-Linux platforms) and knowledge of UICC/SIM chipsets & modules relating to wireless devices Knowledge of RF or Network System Performance.
- Should have knowledge of various Network adjuncts and services i.e. AAA, Diameter, EAP, PDSN, LTE Data, VoLTE, GRE, Soft GRE, L2TP, CAPWEP.
- Experience using protocol communications test equipment and tools (protocol analyzers, CDMA / LTE system simulators, wifi analyzers and packet sniffers).
- Understanding and/or experience working with the following is a plus: - DLNA, UPnP, oneM2M architecture - RRC, NAS, SIP, IMS, OSGI, and DHCP.
- Experience with testing and Q/A of Layer 1 thru 7 networks
- Experience with network test equipment, such as Ixia, Spirent, R&S, Fluke Networks, IBB, Spectrum Analyzers, Site Survey Planning tools, and Traffic Generators.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
Conceived by a group of veterans with decades of Wireless, Connected Technology, and Telecom experience, NextGen was created to provide a better means of recruiting and consulting in the telecom and wireless industry. Our focus is on the core issue most organizations struggle with: recruiting and placing the most talented people in the field with the right skills, fit and within their budget.
The true differentiating factor is the comprehensive analysis we perform for all our clients. We make time to invest in our clients’ expertise and our candidates’ unique needs. More importantly, we strive to build familiarity and trust with everyone we work with. Get in touch with us to begin a fruitful and prosperous relationship and career with NextGen!