Field Operations Technician
NextGen Global Resources Des Moines, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You are a skilled Field Operations Technician with up to 5 years of experience working in telecommunications and utilizing your technical background to work on restoration activities, preventative maintenance, and installation. Your emphasis on building trust with clients and providing a best-in-class approach to customer service will be the foundation for success. You will perform installation, repair, configuration, and testing of moves, additions, changes, and disconnects (MACD) on various Nortel, Fujitsu, Alcatel, and similar products to support customer optical, electrical, voice and data services. Additionally, you will test circuits using optical time domain reflectometers (OTDR).
- Provide high-level customer service, ensuring that any escalations or concerns are addressed professionally
- Drive to and from business customer locations in a defined geographic area performing installation and repair of internet, copper and fiber cabling, rack-mounted routers, demarcation extensions, etc.
- Receive and complete work orders from a centralized dispatch center ensuring that routes are efficient, and that service is delivered in a timely manner
- Operate equipment and vehicle in a safe manner, ensuring adherence to
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Troubleshoot technical issues such as install cable runs, swap out cards, install data circuits for internet connections
- Trace and locate appropriate telecommunications links, which could involve working in confined spaces (attics and crawl spaces) and climbing ladders
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Up to five years of previous experience in telecommunications, business installation, and service for electronics and appliances, security, cabling
- Degree or diploma from a technical college an asset
- Strong MS Office skills in Word & Excel
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer-focused approach will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
- Previous experience working in the field independently and thriving in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and able to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, lifting, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-Motivated and able to prioritize and organize work-loads with little direction
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
NextGeners are Collaborators.
You’ll be working with an award-winning company that gives you direct connections to hiring managers. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise to tailor your resume, help improve your interview skills and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support.
We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
NextGen Global Resources
AddressDes Moines, IA
BusinessView all jobs at NextGen Global Resources