Full Time Perm opportunities- 2 positions available.
Seeking Construction Managers in the Telecom industry with 3-7 years of experience.
Direct day-to-day operations and assist the Project Managers. Manage daily operations of self-performing installation staff, subcontractors, and superintendents while they are engaged in the construction, installation, and in-service testing of all project-related Telecom communications systems.
Responsible for overseeing the project staff and subcontractors through infrastructure design, procurement, build, and testing of all the affected communication networks associated with the project being managed.
Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Serving as jobsite representative for the client
- Assisting in the identification and qualification of the various sub-contractor required for the project, including all site and building trades
- Providing coordination and input as needed with utility companies providing services and infrastructure for the project, including schedule and cost management
- Developing initial project specific cost estimates and taking lead responsibility with the budgetary management of the various cost components of the project
- Monitoring and ensuring schedule performance and quality workmanship of inhouse crews and contractors
- Working closely with the contractor, architect, civil engineer, and associated consultants in developing site specific value engineering options for the work
- Reviewing change proposals, proposal requests, requests for information, supplemental instructions, and other contract documentation as required on behalf of the client’s interests
- Reviewing and approving contractor payment requests
- Attending local meetings, approval meetings, and conferences on behalf of the client documenting and acting on items in the client's interests
- Maintaining relationships and acting as the client's liaison in matters associated with Federal, State, and Municipal matters, including the City's permitting and inspection requirements
- Coordinating with tenant's design and construction personnel to ensure accuracy in the owner's development of tenant's documents
- Serving as an information resource by coordinating tenant's work, participating in meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, and coordinating project punch list and close-out.
- Manage crew hours and assure all payroll objectives are made per job.
- Effectively Plans job tasks
- Read and communicate plans with crew
- Communicates problems and changes with PM along with daily updates
- Manage crew personnel for maximum efficiency
- Daily Maintenance, Cleanliness, & Organization inspections on vehicle
- Assure that sites are safe and secure prior to departure daily
- Assures crew member time reporting
- Close Out Package completed on time (computer skills necessary)
- Receipt/ Account management
- United front with company management
- Identify solutions to obstacles
- Assure overall crew efficiency
- Assure employees are equipped with appropriate tools and safety eqp
- Take appropriate disciplinary action as needed to enforce company policy
- Assure daily status updates from crews
- Coordinate with client from pre-con to close out completion- daily updates
- Ensure that project cost fit within budgetary restraints
- Safeguard all company property
- Assure that team morale is kept high
- Reviews and approves crew’s time, inspections, JSA’s and daily reports
- Training and development for all technicians
- Daily enforcement of any and all company policies and procedures
- Complete any other tasks or duties assigned by Project Manager/CEO/President
- On board new employees
- Schedule time off requests for crew members and approve them
Strong decision-making abilities, and good interpersonal skills are keys for success in this role.
Construction Manager Requirements:
- 3 years of directly related leadership experience with construction background general contractor experience, preferred
- Strong consultative, organizational, and communication skills
- Previous site management experience as well as experience maintaining a good relationship with the client and suppliers
- Hands-on experience with directing the activities of contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural construction in an industrial setting
- Ability to read engineering drawings maps
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Project Management
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
NextGeners are Collaborators.
You’ll be working with an award-winning company that gives you direct connections to hiring managers. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise to tailor your resume, help improve your interview skills and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support.
We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!