Residential Technician Trainee
NextGen Automated, Inc. has been the leading provider of unique, creative and innovative audio-visual services located in the Lowcountry since 2003. We are currently seeking a residential alarm technician trainee who must have a minimum of one year's experience. If you are ready to be part of a team and work in a fast pace environment, then we want to hear from you!
- Under direct supervision, troubleshoot and identify malfunctioning or inoperative equipment on systems using electronic testing devices.
- Under direct supervision, perform preventative and routine maintenance on existing systems.
- Under direct supervision, provide customer training in the operation and functionality of system equipment.
- Provide documentation of installation or service performed.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to the Project Manager or Lead Technician.
- Solve mathematical problems requiring simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and raising numbers exponential powers. Round to the correct number of significant figures, calculate percentages, read graphs, and simple geometric definitions and formulas.
- Must have the ability to install equipment, wiring or programs to meet specification.
- Must have the ability to learn to pull, terminate and test all standard industry cable types. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must maintain excellent driving record, maintain vehicle and vehicle inventory, and comply with company vehicle policy.
Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. frequently, 21-50 lbs. occasionally, and more than 50 lbs. with assistance.
Must be able to ascend and descent A-frame ladders up to 8 feet and extension ladders up to 14 feet, higher ladders with assistance.
Must be able to maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Competitive benefits package to include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Simple IRA with company match
- Life insurance
- Generous vacation package (PTO).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
NextGen Automated, Inc.
Why Work Here?
Awesome benefits, competitive pay, team atmosphere, paid holidays and much more!