Wellness Nurse Registered Nurse, (RN), ALF Only for The Landing at Cape Elizabeth
Per Diem 3pm-11pm
If you have a passion for helping people, for making them feel safe, respected, cared for and listened to, then your next step is with us.
At Next Step Healthcare, we know that working in the healthcare industry is more than just a job – it’s a way of life reserved for the most compassionate, caring, and hard-working individuals. We are privileged to work alongside people who believe, like we do, that locally owned and operated healthcare facilities should go beyond simply “meeting the needs” of its residents.
Under the direction and supervision of the RN Nursing supervisor, Unit manager, DON and/or ADON the registered nurse delivers efficient and effective nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient family satisfaction. The RN operates within the scope of practice defined by the state nurse practice act. Delegates aspects of patient care to LPN’s and CNA’s consistent with their scope of practice. The RN manages patient care by performing nursing assessments and collaborating with the nursing team and other disciplines, patients and families to develop effective plans of care.
- Assist in the coordination of effective communication among Resident Associates, residents, and families.
- Through ongoing supervision, oversight, and delegation assists in the provision of a continuous high quality of service within the Health and Wellness Department.
- Assist in establishing rapport among Health and Wellness team members to facilitate teamwork. • Assist in the recruitment and selection of competent Resident Associates.
- Assist in the continuous, ongoing supervision of all Health and Wellness team members, including but not limited to training, disciplining, counseling, motivating, and evaluating.
- Assist in the In Touch Orientation and in service training.
- Assist to ensure that all staff follows established safety regulations, including fire protection, infection control, bloodborne pathogens, hazardous waste and quality assurance procedures.
- Make written and oral reports to the Director of Nursing concerning the operation of the Health and Wellness Department.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and staff information.
- Serves as networking team member, as directed.
- Knowledge of all applicable governmental regulations
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals within the community.
- Respects confidentiality of information and Resident’s rights.
- Performs job in a safe manner, using proper body mechanics, infection control, etc.
- Responsible for proper care of all property, equipment, supplies and financial assets involved in the performance of the job.
- Performs other duties as required
- Experience with geriatric and dementia care preferred
- Graduate of accredited school of Nursing
- Valid Nursing Licensure
- Valid CPR certification
- At least 1 year of nursing experience preferred
Next Step Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace for all employees. At the core of our business, we aim to support, inspire and empower all of our employees so that we can offer the best care to our residents. In order to provide the best care, we must provide the best work environment, and that starts with a diverse staff. Next Step Healthcare does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Powered by JazzHR
Next Step Healthcare