Greenbriar HealthCare is seeking a Full Time Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON/ADNS)
Our ideal candidate is a Registered Nurse (RN) with SNF Experience as Nurse Manager, ADNS, or Nurse Educator, Preferred. The ADON/ADNS will assist the Director of Nursing Services in planning, organizing, developing and directing the day to day functions of the Nursing Services Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards governing long term care facilities, and as may be directed by the Administrator.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing and currently licensed by the state.
- Completion of an Associate's Degree in Nursing.
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Previous experience in a skill nursing or long term care facility.
- Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative and restorative nursing and medical practices and procedures and laws, regulations and guidelines governing long term care.
- Must show ability to read and write in a legible and understandable manner. Must speak and understand English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Greenbriar HealthCare is focused on QUALITY ~ COMPASSION ~ TRUST.
Job Responsibilities And Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate in developing; maintaining and periodically updating written nursing policies, procedures, reference materials, manual, objectives and philosophies.
- Assist in developing and implementing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services.
- Complete medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charts, etc.
- Ensure that all nursing services personnel are performing their respective duties.
- Participate in surveys and inspections by government agencies; Implement plans of action to correct deficiencies.
- Make reports and recommendations to the Director of Nursing Services and Administrator concerning operations of the department.
- Assist and participate in developing a care plan and comprehensive assessment of each resident.
- Review nurses notes and monitor residents to determine if the care plans are being followed.
- Assist in preparing and planning the nursing services departments’ budget for equipment, supplies and labor. Assist in scheduling department work hours.
- Ability to understand and instruct nursing services personnel concerning training and education.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Assist in recruiting interviewing, hiring, counseling, evaluating, disciplining and terminate nursing services personnel.
- Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to personnel, residents, families, visitors and government agencies as necessary.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing attend and participate in various committees and meetings of the facility.
Benefits: Greenbriar HealthCare, Next Step Healthcare offer a comprehensive benefit package including health plans, paid time off and many voluntary programs to full time staff. Benefits are available the first of the month following 31 days worked.
On-call rotation is required for this ADNS position
Employee Engagement is important to us...important for you.If you have a passion for helping people, for making them feel safe, respected, cared for and listened to, then your next step is with us.
Next Step Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace for all employees.
Powered by JazzHR
Next Step Healthcare
Why Work Here?At Next Step Healthcare, we are driven to provide each of our patients with an experience that exceeds their expectations. Whether you are a short-term patient with rehabilitation needs after a hospital stay or a long-term patient with chronic and complex care needs, our skilled nursing facilities are designed to offer personalized healthcare.
If you have a passion for helping people, for making them feel safe, respected, cared for and listened to, then your next step is with us.