Operations Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Next Level Apparel Ashford, AL
- Posted: 19 days ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
Next Level Apparel is a leader in the market of fashion blank t-shirts. We are committed to the highest standards in every aspect of our business, from Manufacturing to Customer Service to Shipping. Every individual at Next Level Apparel is committed to delivering top quality product, outstanding value and great service.
* Must live in reasonable commuting distance to Next Level Apparel.
Hours for the 2nd shift 4:00 pm - 12:30 am
We are looking for an experienced Operations Supervisor for our Distribution Facility. The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for our Operating department. Responsibilities include and are not limited to supervision of Teams, providing strategic mentoring and guidance.
· Participate in the training and use of WMS, ERP and/or warehouse process automation implementation.
· Analyze data to monitor performance and plan improvements, as well as, logistical problems.
· Safety first. Follow all safety procedures, processes, and safety requirements.
· Oversees outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
· Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment. Studies shipping notices, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
· Directs movement of shipments from the shipping areas receiving platform to storage and work areas
· Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors.
· Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
· Directs movement of shipments from the shipping areas receiving platform to storage and work areas.
· Performs other duties as assigned to include hands on to assist all warehouse employees.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Extensive experience in WMS, ERP and warehouse automation, plus manual Warehouse system
· Minimum 2 -5 years of global Warehouse Distribution and/or Logistics supervisor experience in consumer goods industry, textile and apparel industries preferred
· High business acumen, leadership, planning and organization
· Ability to participate as a team-member as well as a leader in a fast paced, team oriented environment
· Experienced in writing and implementing Warehousing Distribution standard operating procedures
· Proficient in MS Office, concentration in Excel required
Equal Opportunity Employer. At Next Level Apparel, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients and our community. Next Level Apparel considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status
For over 15 years our outstanding color palette, full spectrum of fits, and diversity of styles continue to define us as one of the top suppliers of fashion blanks in the world market. Our national distribution network, now including over 28 locations, brings one of the hottest fashion blank tee brands to your doorstep.
Our employees are a huge and important part of our success and we are looking for the brightest talent.
Come work for a company that loves its employees and wants to help each and every one thrive!
Next Level ApparelWhy Work Here?
Awesome leadership, great teams, and good benefits! Come join us!
Next Level Apparel continues to lead the industry with innovative fabric blends and utilizes combed ring-spun cotton fabrics that are heavenly soft, at a value that is second to none. For over 15 years our outstanding color palette, full spectrum of fits, and diversity of styles continue to define us as one of the top suppliers of fashion blanks in the world market. Our national distribution network, now including over 28 locations, brings one of the hottest fashion blank tee brands to your doorstep. Our employees are a huge and important part of our success and we are looking for the brightest talent. Come work for a company that loves its employees and wants to help each and every one thrive!
214 Bruner Mill Road AshfordAshford, AL