Next Insurance is a fast-growing 300+ person startup based in Silicon Valley and is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. Next has raised over $380 million from top tier investors and is the valley's latest unicorn, valued at over $1 billion. Next is well-positioned to become the leader in the $140 billion small business insurance market because we offer a 100% online experience that is tailored to unique business needs and we get customers insured in minutes - something no one else does.
We're looking for a Head of Financial Planning and Analysis to build a financial foundation for a rapidly advancing tech unicorn. This is a unique opportunity to build & manage the entire FP&A function while growing an unstoppable team. Working directly with our executive team and high level department heads, this is a highly visible role with the ability to directly impact key business decisions and financial outlook. If you're a compelling communicator, want to be a true value add to key business partners, and help tell our story through numbers - then you belong here!
- Direct and oversee the long-range and annual planning including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Manage monthly financial variance analysis to review with executive management team
- Assist senior management team in developing and preparing quarterly guidance and forecast updates to support decision making
- Identify and recommend spending and investment alternatives across all operational areas
- Prepare commentary and presentation materials for executive-level discussions and for board meetings
- Serve as financial strategic partner to various internal cross-functional teams
- Support M&A activities, due diligence, fundraising and company financial strategic initiatives
- Build and lead a world-class FP&A team; attract, develop, and retain outstanding talent
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10-12 years of FP&A experience with a proven track record of owning and driving financial forecasts; ideally at a growth stage SaaS startup or tech company (background in investment banking is a plus!)
- Ability to coach, mentor, and run with a high performing team with a strong drive for results
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of cross functional working relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems with superior business acumen & data driven techniques
- Well versed with SaaS business models and reporting metrics
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, economics, or a quantitative discipline (MBA is a plus!)
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.