Our client, the Nashville International Airport is seeking an Accountant to work in its office.
The Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling general ledger and sub-ledgers, providing ad hoc analyses, and researching and interpreting data to answer accounting and finance questions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Reconciles various balance sheet and income statement accounts to the general ledger and sub-ledgers.
- Prepares bank reconciliations.
- Prepares and enters journal entries into general ledger.
- Records fixed asset additions and disposals. Calculates monthly depreciation. Prepares fixed asset rollforward.
- Receives vendor invoices, researches and resolves invoice discrepancies, and processes vendor invoices for payment.
- Uploads cash entries from the treasury system.
- Develops and maintains debt rollforwards and related workpapers.
- Generates accounts receivable invoices and posts cash receipts.
- Analyzes and reviews expenditures of grant funds to ensure compliance. Submits grant draws to the State of Tennessee, the Federal Aviation Administration, and other government agencies, as applicable. Monitors grant receivables. Generates reports and documentation to support grant closeout activities.
- Ensures accuracy of construction projects, including status, funding sources, and costs.
- Prepares and facilitates execution of retainage agreements for certain construction contracts.
- Maintains regular and on-time attendance.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Supports MNAA’s commitment to its culture and values, including integrity, service, teamwork, and innovation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics:
- Analytical Thinking: Skill in analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Communication: Skill in communicating effectively at all levels of the organization and with stakeholders, both orally and in writing.
- Accounting: Skill in applying generally accepted accounting principles and accounting operations to organizational financial needs.
- Relationship Building: Skill in establishing and maintaining effective and professional working relationships with others.
- Accounting Applications: Skill in using Windows-based accounting applications.
- Computer Use: Skill in using a personal computer, the internet, and other software to perform job-related functions.
- Managing Workload: Skill in organizing and prioritizing work, handling multiple responsibilities, and meeting deadlines.
- Microsoft Windows: Skill in using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Time Management: Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others to meet deadlines.
- Teamwork: Skill in working with others as a team while taking responsibility for outcomes.
- Microsoft Office: Skill in using Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Reporting: Skill in preparing and producing timely and accurate oral and written reports.
- Written Comprehension: Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Attention to Detail: Is careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ethical Behavior: Consistently displays ethical behavior.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance in all situations.
- Flexibility: Adapts to a changing work environment, including organizational needs and pace of work.
- Independence: Develops one's own ways of doing things, guides oneself with little or no supervision, makes independent decisions, and depends on oneself to get things done.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- 1 to 2 years of grant, general ledger, account reconciliations, or other related experience.
- 2 to 3 years of grant, general ledger, account reconciliations, or other related experience.
- Certified Public Accountant