Corporate Human Resources Manager
- Expired: April 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, a fortune 500 company is seeking a Corporate Human Resources Manager for its office in the Chicago area.
The Human Resources team is searching for ambitious personnel to join their everyday mission to discover, hire, and retain great talent. You would be instrumental in achieving our client's goal to become the #1 consumer packaged goods company in the world!
The Corporate HR Manager provides leadership and HR generalist support at our Corporate Office and manages all areas of Human Resources such as recruiting and onboarding, training and development, performance management, personnel records, compensation and benefits, employee relations, retention and engagement, offboarding, EEO/AAP, leave management, and investigations for the respective client groups. This position assists top management in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of HR activities.
- Supports the functional areas of human resources including, but not limited to, recruiting and onboarding, training and development, performance management, personnel records, compensation and benefits, employee relations, retention and engagement, offboarding, EEO/AAP, leave management, investigations and special projects.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Develops and executes personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations; takes a solution oriented, consultative role when working with the business.
- Seen as a strategic and operational resource for the areas they support.
- Builds relationships with the business and provides resources while focusing on missions and objectives set forth by the organization.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization, and to improve the employee experience.
- Manages on-going policies, programs, and procedures to foster understanding of and improvement in management, supervisory or employee relations.
- Coach and counsel managers and/or supervisors concerning human resource policies and procedures and employee relations; reviews and resolves issues.
- Conducts investigations into employee relations issues, recommends and implements discipline. Assists with field investigations as needed.
- Provide career planning and development counsel to employees and managers using Human Resources Planning platforms such as Performance Management (PMP) and Individual Development Planning (IDP).
- Responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for salaried corporate positions.
- Develops/updates job requirements and job descriptions prior to posting jobs and complies with AAP requirements when recruiting for positions.
- Identify and screen high caliber candidates that match both the technical and intrapersonal skills required for each position.
- Recommends and seeks approval for compensation offers, adjustments, etc.
- Assists in conducting new-employee orientations.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory activities such as EEO, AAP, OSHA / Safety, Worker's Compensation, Unemployment, FMLA and FLSA.
- Coordinate and enforce HR policies, processes, systems and reporting activities. Ensure consistency of application.
- Effectively manage employee relations issues.
- Ensure consistent delivery of benefit programs in partnership with the corporate benefits department.
- Assist in the implementation of HR Audits and creation of action plans to drive compliance and consistency across field locations.
- Manages in the selection and implementation of employee recognition programs; responsible for leading employee recognition across several Corporate locations.
- Responsible for creating and managing requisition creations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Track and implement HR compliance training for corporate salaried employees.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Human Resources, Business or related field and 5+ years of HR experience, required.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Minimum 1 year of HR Generalist experience.
- MBA, preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS (SAP) and recruitment systems (iCIMS).
- Possesses specialized knowledge of HR systems, processes and procedures, including administration of benefits, compensation and other programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong, positive working relationships in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- May provide leadership and guidance to employees in clerical functions of HR.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
Next Generation Recruitment and Staffing Agency
AddressMelrose Park, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Next Generation Recruitment and Staffing Agency