Job Status: Part Time / Contracted (Potential to turn into Full-Time Position)
Reports To: Production Designer
HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service esports company that creates, manages and monetizes competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce expert live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We seek out ambitious partners and are the leading esports company for new gaming titles.
We are anticipating breakneck growth and are looking for an individual that loves to deliver distinctive, engaging, premium content; for someone who gets fired-up thinking about creative original content for the next generation of esports titles alongside a small, high-energy team. We want someone who pushes back on the status quo and does things faster and better - because that’s what gets them out of bed in the morning.
As a wise old man once said, “It’s dangerous to go alone, take this!”
WE NEED YOU TO
- Work alongside a team of passionate gamers actively shaping the future of online esports entertainment.
- Be able to create and review drafting packages for projects.
- Create technical drawings based on approved designs directed by Production Designer
- Track spending and create fabrication timelines on set builds as directed by Production Designer
- Act as point of contact for studio installs as directed by Production Designer.
- Create client-ready images/renders of set designs as required
- Attend and contribute to set design think-tanks.
- Provide research assistance, dictated by our Production Designer, for set designs currently in development.
- Oversee set dressing and studio switchovers
- When required, act as lead in set decoration and prop shopping for different productions as assigned.
- Support in art inventory management: strategizing, organizing, tagging, stocking.
- Work within an allocated budget to fabricate and install sets based on provided designs and timeline
- Contribute to the design process through constructive, critical thinking
- Curate a list of Independent Contractors and Vendors to be used on projects
- Help create lasting relationships/partnerships with various fabrication houses locally and internationally
- Create build-out and strike schedules for set installations. Manage the crews in these instances.
- Bring new ideas and design trends to the table for innovative set designs
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a can-do approach and ability to perform under pressure.
- Perform tasks as assigned in a timely manner.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Must have 2+ years experience in Adobe CC (Photoshop), production workflow, and 3D rendering software (Rhino, sketchup, etc) and or 2D drafting software (AutoCad)
- Ability to excel independently with little supervision
- Be detailed oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly with an irregular schedule week-to- week
- The desire for a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YOUR BONA FIDES
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in design related field
- Experience: 2+ years of digital video, commercial or broadcast production or related
- Work Schedule: Be prepared to help build something great and work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Amount of Travel Required: Limited
- Work Environment: Typical office, travel (trains, planes and autos), studios and on-location environments
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.