Next Day Plus is a nationwide B2B office equipment, supplies, and repair services company located in Orland Park, IL, just 30 minutes southwest of Chicago. Started in 1998 as a small toner cartridge re-seller of OEM and re-manufactured products, the company has grown to have a nationwide presence in the imaging industry. Powered by a team of individuals who are truly devoted to the customer and who has an unprecedented passion for helping customers take things off their print to-do list.
Our continued dedication to our customers and willingness to evolve as our customers evolve is why Next Day Plus is a partner for nationwide retailers, legal firms, financial institutions, and healthcare industries.
The Account Executive position is a blend of an outside and inside salesperson, who will be responsible in establishing relationships with existing customers, identifying new opportunities, and cultivating leads through cold calling, appointments, lists, and door to door sales. This position uses the company’s portfolio of product and services to solve the customer’s needs and is expected to develop and maintain the customer relationship for years. To do this, the Account Executive needs to be heavily involved in the customer account to ensure they are meeting or exceeding the customer’s needs by being the point person for sales transactions, questions, and escalated issues.
- Generate leads through cold calling, email marketing, and door to door sales.
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule.
- Research accounts and generate or follow through on sales leads
- Obtain an acceptable conversion rate of leads to customers
- Manage and interpret customer needs by speaking with clients to understand their pain points so the correct products and/or services can be offered.
- Service existing accounts through pricing proposals, order approvals, and solving escalated issues.
- Conduct inter departmental communication to ensure company staff is providing exemplary service to your customer base.
- Maintaining records of customer communications and contact information
- Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively
- Maintain awareness of pertinent client information, future plans, payment performance; communicate any client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed
- Preparing responses to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information)
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory
- Maintain appropriate profit margins based on product type and mix, as well as size of customer.
- Meet with your top customers quarterly
- Maintain and grow your company product and services knowledge
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Goals and Reporting
- Submit a variety of sales status reports as required, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Meet personal and team sales targets
- Attend meeting, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Accurately forecast sales and meet personal sales
- 0-3 years in a sales environment
- Previous experience in the printer/copier market preferred
- Some college coursework, preferred
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibit a positive, optimistic, strong work ethic
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
- Strong, demonstrated aptitude with Microsoft Office, focused on Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to proactively contact and communicate with customers to generate qualified leads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SAP Business One experience a plus