Next Coast Ventures
Next Coast Ventures (“NCV”) is an Austin venture capital firm that partners with bold entrepreneurs building innovative companies in big markets. It provides early-stage capital to high-growth startups in ‘Next Coast’ markets, using macro trends and themes to guide its investment strategy. Next Coast provides its growing group of portfolio companies hands-on, company building resources through its strong industry network, Entrepreneurs Council program and the founders’ own experiences as entrepreneurs. Learn more at http://www.nextcoastventures.com.
NCV is seeking an associate for its Austin office. The Associate will work with NCV’s expanding investment team, including the firm’s two General Partners. NCV invests in emerging companies in certain innovation hubs. While our headquarters is in Austin - and we love it here - we look at investment opportunities across many markets. As such, this role requires proactive engagement with prospective investment opportunities including outreach via phone, email and travel.
What You’ll Do:
● You would assist in the venture capital investment decision process. Specifically, you will work with the General Partners to identify investment prospects within any ‘Next Coast Market,’ review business plans, meet with leadership and perform due diligence on prospective companies, research industries and competitors, build financial models and conduct sensitivity analyses.
● You would play a significant role in the management of venture capital investment transactions, and would partner with other team members, attorneys and other service providers to review deal documentation, conduct additional due diligence and drive investments to closing.
● You will help with business strategy, exit events and general support of NCV portfolio companies.
● You would partner with other team members, including our Chief Operating Officer, to support operational activities, including investor relations, marketing, fund administration and CRM management.
Who You Are:
● You have at least two years of work experience, ideally in a related field such as venture capital, private equity, entrepreneurship, investment banking, management consulting, etc.
● You have an undergraduate degree from a top tier university. MBA preferred.
● You have strong financial and analytical skills and are proficient in spreadsheet modeling.
● You should be high-energy, be willing to proactively contact potential partners and prospects, and be willing and available to travel frequently to meet new companies.
● You are interested in technology and early stage investing.
● You are passionate about identifying promising high‐growth businesses.
● You are a self‐starter, able to initiate projects and work independently.
● You leverage your excellent personal rapport skills to engender trust and respect.
What You Should Know About the Role:
This role is designed to be a two-year program that allows you to gain expertise and experience in venture capital at a leading firm. At the end of the program, you will have the opportunity to move into a variety of potential roles in the business community or continue on with educational programs.
Our Application Process
If you are interested in this role, you should send a resume and optional cover letter through ZipRecruiter. NCV will review all submitted applications, and we request that individuals not inquire about their application status.
Individuals seeking employment at NCV are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You may be given the opportunity to provide information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.