This is a key position in our programming department for on call and fill-in vacancies as needed. The person must be a creative and curious and willingness to learn.
- Actively participate in the development of content
- Being present when the show is on the air and on location
- Managing the show and newsroom digital content with regards to relevance, creativity and tune-in messaging
- Manage and grow the show’s brand through video and show podcasts
- Run the audio-board during shows.
- Work with analog/digital editing equipment.
- Call screening during the show.
- Knowledge of local and national news and events.
- Work with all departments of the radio station with an understanding of how they relate to the show and newsroom.
- Editing and creating content.
- Digital podcasting.
- Digital writing.
This position requires organization, planning and communication skills. Critical skill sets required for this opening include:
- Ability to write accurately, efficiently and creatively for the website
- Dynamic communication skills and a positive proactive attitude, as you will represent the station
- Ability to manage and complete multiple ongoing tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Punctuality is a necessity.
- Some college and prior radio experience preferred.
- Ability to take feedback
- Excellent verbal and written skills a must.
- Ability to use MS Word, Outlook Mail, ProTools, Adobe Edit
- Familiar with digital audio editing techniques and basic technical standards including level noise and clarity of sound.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and stress.
- College degree or equivalent experience is required.
The successful candidate knows we work in the media business and takes pride in the success of their air talent and news anchors. Using your skills, your strategic thinking and creative abilities to constantly put the show in a position to succeed is what the WGN Radio team is looking for.
Equal Employment Opportunity