Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Producer is responsible for managing the launch and live game service of game title(s) on the PlayStation and Xbox platforms. This includes working on several projects with a variety of cross-functional team members including external developers, console platform partners, and internal product and marketing managers to ensure the timely, high quality delivery of the game.
- Standardize, document, and maintain processes and approaches for PlayStation and Xbox launch and beyond (updates, live service, etc.).
- Act as technical and operational point of contact for Developer as well as first and third party partners (PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, Vivox, Twitch, etc.).
- Resolve technical or operational problems as well as help define strategic direction of the project on PlayStation and Xbox platforms.
- Process project requirements and facilitate the workflow and dissemination of information to responsible teams.
- Manage and track supporting teams' tasks to ensure timely outcomes that meet Producer's project requirements and timeline
- 5+ years of game production experience
- 1+ year leadership/management experience
- Live games experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Launch and operational experience on PlayStation an Xbox, includes knowledge of submission process best practices
- Native level fluency in Korean.
- Experience working with Asian development teams.
- Strategic thinking, problem solving ability
- Experience managing the full game development cycle
- Knowledge of live and online game player behavior
- Knowledge of the game industry including emerging trends with a focus on the markets served by Nexon.
- High level understanding of online environments and processes required to maintain high uptime.
- Exceptional project and time management, includes knowledge of project management best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office, JIRA, Confluence
- Ability to master competitive, multiplayer games strongly preferred.
- Ability and experience of speaking in front of live and virtual audience preferred.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Nexon America Inc