Nexeo HR is looking for a Quality Control Inspector in a welding/manufacturing environment . As the Quality Control Inspector you will be responsible for the quality of incoming and outgoing products. This will be monitoring production and also conducting tests. Keep reading below to learn more of the responsibilities and qualifications.
- Inspect both incoming and in-process materials, products and manufactured components (welded, machined, assembled and or finished), utilizing gauges, scales, portable CMM, vision and other inspection and testing equipment, to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased materials and products.
- Investigate and correct issues relating to quality, including generating and reconciling non-conforming product reports, corrective actions and or customer feedback.
- Generate, review and help maintain appropriate quality records as defined by various process controls.
- Reconcile final inspection documentation.
- Assist with the organization of the document control system, including scanning and archiving quality records.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external voice of the customer.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, external auditors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, manufacturing standards, work procedures, and instructions.
- AWS D1.1
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required; Associate’s degree, welding certifications, or technical school education preferred
- American Welding Society Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) qualification
- Level II Ultrasonic Testing (UT) qualification per ASNT-TC-1A
- Level II Magnetic Particle (MT) qualification per ASNT-TC-1A
- Level II Penetrant (PT) qualification per ASNT-TC-1A
- Experience with Portable CMM equipment (articulating arm and laser tracker) and applicable inspection software
- Five years’ related experience in quality control and inspection in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated technical skills and understanding of mechanical systems and engineering drawings
- Training and experience with all Microsoft Office products and basic computer skills are necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; should be adept at problem solving, able to use time wisely, have good organizational skills, and be able to work well in a team environment
- Availability and willingness to travel, both in-state and out, to support quality control and inspection needs
Monday - Friday 7AM - 4PM
If you have any questions, please contact us!
Nexeo HR - Logan
(435) 313-3399 (Call or Text)