NexeoHR, a leader in the talent acquisition industry, has partnered with a nationally recognized organization that is a leading provider of home delivery medical supplies. Together, we are seeking a VP of Financial Planning and Analysis who has deep experience in data analytics, modeling, and forecasting in order to help cross functional business leaders make better business decisions and drive performance. VP will need to have experience in preparing and presenting information for executive and board level members that will require from the candidate strong written and verbal communication to succeed in role. VP should have healthcare experience, especially with government and commercial payors (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross Blue Shield, etc.). VP will work within a mission driven and performance first culture which allows for a flexible work schedule if outcomes are met and competitive on-target performance bonus compensation. CFO desires to provide VP with opportunities to develop into a CFO or other senior executive role.
About The Role:
The Vice President of Planning & Financial Services function will lead the Financial Planning and Analysis team and play a key role in the company’s financial planning, financial reporting, accounting, internal controls, long-range forecasting and budgeting functions, as well as other special projects. Key deliverables include monthly budget vs. actual, development and reporting of KPIs that track and monitor progress of the business, quarterly forecasting, contract and payor profitability analysis and reporting/analysis of key company initiatives.
- Exercises appropriate cost control measures
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
- Maintains open lines of communication
- Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Actively participates in Continuous Quality Improvement
- Represents the organization professionally at all times
- Well-versed in Medicare and Medicaid
What You'll Do:
- Develops and communicates the ongoing calendar of key initiatives required to be addressed by the Financial Analysis team including recurring monthly, quarterly, and annual items as well as one-time projects
- Leads the preparation of materials presented to Board and outside investors
- Leads analysis of historical/actual /forecasted results of the Company's operations
- Supports decision making process of CEO, COO, CFO and other executive management
- Leads the development and maintenance of the Company’s short and long term financial and cash forecasts
- Coordinates with Payor services to lead the evaluation of contract (payor) profitability and impact of proposed contractual changes and assist in contract negotiation when needed
- Coordinates and collaborates with Revenue Cycle Management to develop and maintain performance monitoring tools as well as process enhancements
- Coordinates and collaborates with Supply Chain Management to develop and maintain performance monitoring tools as well as process enhancements
- Coordinates and collaborates with sales team members at all-levels, CEO and CFO to develop, enhance, maintain and report on the performance of the sales department.
- Participates with senior management in the development and enhancement of executive level reports for monitoring of corporate and project-level performance
- Evaluates and directs the implementation of business intelligence tools to streamline the Company's ability to track performance
- Ensures that issues underlying performance deviation are communicated accurately and timely to both Senior management as well as department heads accountable for responding with corrective action
- Leads the evaluation, identification and monitoring of threats and opportunities throughout the Company and integrates this analysis into communication to senior management and appropriate departments.
- Manages special projects and decision support as directed by Executive Management
- Assist VP and Controller with ongoing monitoring of compliance, covenant calculations, procedural and documentation requirements, etc.
- Implements career development plans for all team staff to improve retention of quality individuals by the Company
- Ensures that staff is equipped and trained with up-to-date tools that are also in alignment with company's financial objectives and needs
- Ensures that major developments within the Company and within the industry that the Company operates in are communicated to staff in a timely and appropriate manner
- Reviews all completed work to ensure quality work products including use of correct data points and assumptions, accurate calculations, correct conclusions, and presentation
- Provides regular feedback to direct reports as well as reviewing feedback provided by manger to staff on performance in accordance with the Company's review process
- Provides operational efficiency, necessary support and detailed, hands-on leadership and professional development of employees within the role’s assigned span of control
- Teams with Human Resources throughout the Talent Acquisition process (recruitment, selection, onboarding)
- Acts as a coach and mentor to individuals impact business development throughout the organization
- Provides motivation and assures that the individual contributors’ motivation is aligned with the organization’s mission, vision, values and strategies
- Conducts ongoing performance management including both necessary disciplinary and the annual performance review of all direct reports and oversight of indirect reports under the role’s chain of command
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, HIPAA, and Private Insurance regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
Essential Job Requirements and Competencies:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (BA) in finance, accounting, business or related field, Master’s Degree (MBA) preferred, and ten plus years of financial planning and analysis experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years in finance leadership role developing high-performing talent and directing high-performing team(s)
- Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment;
- Demonstrated ability to understand, build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information, serve as a mentor, inspire and have a passion for developing FP&A staff
- Leads by example, possess a strong work ethic, embrace collaboration, results-driven leadership, and has a strong passion for finance and operations
- Comfortable with analyzing large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management
- High impact, dynamic, and visionary leader with a record of achieving results individually and through others; an intelligent, strategic thinker with proven ability to achieve goals. Must be open and welcoming to change, have exceptional problem solving skills, and have an ability to stay focused in times of uncertainty and stress.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills that promote informed strategy-formulation and decision-making • Strong attention to detail while constantly focusing on the big picture
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills with the ability to synthesize information, develop insights, and communicate effectively with executive audiences
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues in a simplified manner • Must be able to work in a fast paced and complex environment
- Ability to understand the use of planning and business intelligence software tools (e.g. Cognos, Oracle Fusion)
- Possess exceptional leadership, creative thinking, cognitive problem solving, management and organizational skills
- Possesses exceptional technical skills in MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint, which are all necessary for the creation of engaging analyses reports and presentations, for senior leadership, relevant stakeholders, and team.
- Advanced Excel skills to include modeling, scenario planning, and experience and understanding of writing macros
- Is well versed in systems including ERP systems and other financial tools.