Are you one of the millions who were forced to file for unemployment due to the COVID-19 pandemic? Are your unemployment checks scheduled to run out soon? Don't worry, Nexeo HR is hiring! We have several positions available like the one listed below. We are confident we have something for you. Apply now to this ad or contact us to learn more about other positions available.
We are in search of an experienced Sales Estimator to prepare bid proposals for private and public projects, and to collaborate with other estimators.
The job will require all stages of bidding on projects, including but not limited to: determining Union requirements, determining bid schedules, reviewing job specifications, visiting job sites, attending pre-construction meetings, reviewing contracts, maintaining bid process schedules and communicating bid status, choosing best options for systems/materials, soliciting and reviewing vendor and subcontractors quotes, performing labor reviews, maintaining bid spreadsheets and negotiating work with various clients.
- The candidate must be a US Citizen.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience estimating within the glazing industry, on various sized projects.
- High School Diploma and some college (certification or Associates Degree) in Construction or Architectural Technology coursework
- Knowledge of materials, machines, tools and equipment used in the industry
- Ability to read blueprints as well as architectural and structural drawings
- Ability to do accurate take-offs; familiarity with on-screen take offs
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Understanding of manufacturers installation instructions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High level of attention to detail and self-motivation
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- A generous benefits package
- An employee stock ownership plan
- An ownership- oriented corporate climate that values and respects all partners
- 25% match on 401K
If you have any questions, please contact us!