- The Data Specialist coordinates the process of collecting, entering, and submitting data. This position may support a department or program and may interact with internal and external resources to read, interpret, and electronically enter data into various applications
Essential Job Duties
- Completes data extraction, validation and data entry assignments in a timely manner.
- Extracts data elements from existing paper and/or electronic medical records.
- Acquires, interprets and enters data accurately.
- Keeps track of data submission and coordinates with the others for timely completion in order to meet organization or regulatory requirements.
- Maintains files
- Workes with colleagues, clinicians and/or representatives of software vendors to address problems as necessary.
- Adheres to confidentiality, dat, security, and other client policies and procedures while working with highly sensitive information.
- Experience in a role requiring the ability to analyze, organize, and perform duties with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in a role requiring a customer service oriented focus, conveying professionalism and displaying a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- 2 years of clerical experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of database, data collection, data quality control, and reporting using database applications.
- 2 years experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling appications.
- Certification as a medical transcriptionist
- 2 years of clerical experience with a hospital or healthcare organization
- Post-high school education in computer database management.