- Posted: over a month ago
Our Offer Development Team is growing, and we are looking for a Product Owner to help deliver the product roadmap for the next generation of connected fleet solutions.
As Product Owner you will oversee the execution of a product vision into a high-quality finished product. By gaining a deep understanding of the customer segment and product business case, you will champion the user’s needs within a development team. You will use your customer insight and experience to communicate and motivate the development team to deliver agile stories and user value. You will be accountable for delivered functionality and quality while managing planning, releases, and go-live requirements.
In this role, you will report to the Business Segment Director and work closely with a product manager and with other product owners, engineers, UX/UI designers, data scientists, and cross-functional operators to deliver complex products. You will serve as the main input into the technology teams for all customer driven development.
We are looking for a thoughtful and enterprising applicant who is excited to drive positive, impactful products that align to business goals. This is a fantastic opportunity for those who want to dig in deeper to product management while staying hands-on and connected with the development lifecycle.
What You’ll Do
CUSTOMER-LED SOLUTION DESIGN:
- Work with product managers to define roadmap, prioritize feedback, and plan releases.
- Gain a deep understanding of our user needs and experience by working closely with internal and external stakeholders and communicate those needs clearly to your scrum team.
- Responsible for innovation and end-to-end launch of products - overseeing all stages of product creation, including design and development, and utilization.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Lead the product functional design and user stories process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology – ensuring engineer understanding and alignment.
- Execute vision of complex products including mobile apps, server, and IoT in an agile environment.
- Continually monitoring and evaluating progress at each stage of the process - identify, assess, and mitigate risks for project and delivery .
- Organize and lead cross-functional teams to deliver to deadlines without line management authority.
- Manage the product backlog, leading regular backlog refinement sessions and solution definition workshops, prioritizing them based on changing requirements.
- Participate in Scrum meetings and product sprints.
- Act as the primary contact between the scrum teams, product development team and stakeholders to support the rest of the organization with a customer centric development mindset.
- Own supplier relationships, working with them to both optimize our solution and our support for the product category, as well as staying on top of innovation capabilities.
DELIVERY & REFINEMENT:
- Work with the go-to-market team, ensure that product management, marketing, and sales have what they need to be successful.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ or more years of experience in Marketing or Technology field.
- 3+ years direct involvement with information technology / SaaS applications.
- Experience with Agile software development (particularly SCRUM and JIRA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and presentation skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, delegate within team, and ability to work under deadline pressures.
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen.
- In-depth skills in requirements identification and clarification through deep collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- An understanding of telematics and IoT, preferably B2B preferred.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, openly communicate, present and negotiate effectively across disciplines, vendors, partners and customers.
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in a changing environment, the ability to work independently.
Benefits & Perks
As a Michelin Group Company, our “ICARE” corporate culture model defines the company values that guide how we work with each other and with our external customers & partners. Here are some of the other great reasons why our employees say they love to work here:
- Competitive Health/Dental/Vision insurance with substantial company contribution
- Company-Paid Life Insurance policy
- 401K Benefits with company matching and immediate full vesting/no waiting period
- Healthcare benefits with costs 65% lower than the national U.S. average
- HSA/FSA Healthcare account options with company contributions of $500/$1000
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Parental Leave: Additional 3 weeks covered at 100% in addition to standard STD
- Competitive paid time off benefits throughout the year allowing employees to maintain work-life balance
- Gym reimbursement program and half-price Weight Watchers’ discount program
- Michelin Tire Rebate Program up to $750/year
- Flex Hours and Telecommuting/Remote Work for many departments/positions
- Magellan Employee Assistance Program (EAO) – provides free counseling/assistance
Who We Are
NexTraq (a wholly owned subsidiary of Michelin), is the GPS fleet management solution of choice for a growing number of customers with fleets ranging from 2 to more than 2,000 vehicles. Since its inception, NexTraq has been a pioneer and innovator in the telematics space with its award-winning platform and mobile app.
The NexTraq solution is a cloud-based application that enables service and distribution businesses to optimize fleet operations while reducing operational costs and maximizing revenue. To maintain our top position in the industry, we are looking to continually attract extraordinary individuals who mirror our corporate culture, objectives and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
NexTraq does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
BusinessView all jobs at NexTraq LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?