Technical Support Specialist / System Administrator III
- Expired: November 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Performs daily systems analysis, customer and contractor training, systems administration, and hardware maintenance. Performs daily analysis of systems and database management and configuration of Operating Systems, Software Applications, Active Directory (AD) domain, and databases specific to Wideband Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Operations and Technical Support (WSOTS) II. Performs analysis of Risk Management Framework (RMF) Information Assurance (IA) security requirements of complex DoD computer systems.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Performs daily system analysis and database management of complex computer operating systems, application software, database applications, and network protocols.
- Recommends application software source code changes as necessitated by user requirements.
- Reconfigures equipment and develops command procedures, scripts, and other software routines required to support new applications, re-engineered equipment, and/or new uses of defense communications systems.
- Tracks and reports site and system status
- Acts as the liaison between the customer and the WSOTS management
- Coordinates with the WSOMS IA coordinator for the scheduling of software upgrades and releases and confirms patches and fixes have been applied and implemented correctly.
- Recommends and implements engineering design changes required to adapt technical requirements.
- Performs on-site customer training to include interface with technical representatives. Perform On-the-Job Training (OJT) and informal training support as required.
- Performs daily review of audit, security, and application logs and identifies problem areas or trends and takes the proper action and generates required reports.
- Provides administration support to site SIPR and NIPR network communication systems.
- Maintains the daily Master Station Log entries.
- Installs, tests, and provides design change recommendations to OEM software engineers for the improvement of new software releases.
- Performs analysis of Risk Management Framework (RMF) Information Assurance (IA) security requirements.
- Performs OJT and informal training support as required.
- Performs hardware maintenance and documents deficiencies affecting performance or effectiveness.
Education: Associate Degree in Applied Science. 2 years of related experience may be substituted for 1 year of education.
Certification: IA certification in compliance with DoD 8570; Capable of obtaining DoD/NACI IT Level I certification.
- Minimum of 6 years of MILSATCOM experience with emphasis on Network Control and Earth Terminal (ET) operations and maintenance.
- Experience in the management of WSOTS computer networks Local Area Networks/Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) and Windows System Administration.
- Ability to support the Government IASO in accreditation and certification requirements.
- Experience in the use of IT tools for managing and troubleshooting complex computer networks.
- Skills particular to the administration of a Windows environment.
- Experience in administrating and maintaining SIPR and NIPR computers.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: TOP SECRET
Get fresh System Administrator III jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.