Patient Care Coordinator and Assistant
Newton Wellesley Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery Wellesley Hills, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $22 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k,
We are a small independent surgical specialty practice (ENT and Facial Plastic Surgery) which also provides audiology services. We pride ourselves on the sophistication of the care delivered to our patients and also in the compassionate and careful manner in which it is provided. We work closely as a team, encouraging and supporting one another. Since our office is small, each team member is expected to perform all tasks, making this an excellent opportunity to learn and excel at all facets of a medical practice. We are willing and eager to train a candidate who can grow into this position——taking on more responsibility as skills and knowledge develop.
30-35 hours per week
* Check in and check out patients, collecting account balances when due
* Make and appropriately document results of confirmation calls for upcoming appointments
* Verify patient’s insurance and obtain referrals as necessary
* Courteously answer phone calls and appropriately respond to questions. Troubleshoot any questions that arise and follow through with caller
* Maintain HIPAA (patient confidentiality)
* Schedule imaging and other tests as directed by the doctor, obtaining authorization as needed
* Assist in maintaining a sterile exam room and clean and disinfected office space, including cleaning and sterilizing all medical instruments
Excellent computer skills and able to type at least 50 words a minute——Electronic medical record experience, EPIC and Athena preferred but not necessary
Understanding of office protocol procedures including copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
Demonstrate professionalism and positive attitude
Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Must be kind, respectful and empathetic with patients, giving attention to their needs and concerns under all circumstances
Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing
Must be a team player and eager to learn
Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug testing
Must be fully vaccinated against Hepatitis B, Corona Virus-19, MMR, Tetanus, Influenza, Chicken Pox and have undergone negative TB testing that is up to date.
Be able to lift 25 pounds
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.
Newton Wellesley Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic SurgeryWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, small office, great team, nice patient relations, great place to work, lots of room for growth, bonus potential, benefits
65 Walnut StreetWellesley Hills, MA
HealthcareView all jobs at Newton Wellesley Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery