Azure Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our GPS Technology Organization is a structure within the US GPS practice that implements and maintains a new operate and technology model designed specifically to support U.S. defense and Government engagements.
We are looking for a Network Engineer within the US Government and Public Sector Technology. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering Network solution designs and architectures for key initiatives hosted in primarily in a cloud hosted government platform, and considering re-use, scalability and reliability in alignment with the firm's mission and strategy.
You will holistically evaluate the network architecture and apply technical expertise to understand the business impact of a technical component, recommending and implementing new solutions, ways of working and technologies to meet business requirements. You will develop relationships across the business and technology to understand requirements, apply technical knowledge of solution and technical architecture to solve business problems and work closely with other architecture and development teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
In this role you will also create reliable solution plans that include cost estimates and optimized delivery approaches by working with the business, multi-disciplinary teams including our peers in Technical Solution Management and Product Costing.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership & subject matter expertise to client engagements focusing on complex & innovative products and reusable assets within the context of Azure/Azure Gov Network services.
- Design, deploy, scale and automate Microsoft Azure Gov Network
- Actively participate in the design and network design reviews, defining essential details related to network implementation (e.g., connectivity, routing, filtering, protocols, DNS engineering), and sharing best practices in identifying and implementing solutions
- Ensure relevant technical strategies, policies, standards, and practices are applied correctly across networks and network components
- Work with the vendors to assess vendor products, understand vendor’s delivery models and assist in implementing them
- Set architectural direction and build consensus, mediate conflicts providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business.
- Anticipate needs and potential objections and helping to create an environment which solicits positive contributions from all participants: Solution and Technical Architects, engineering teams, product manager, project managers, product analysts, test and project teams, Information Security and Operations
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions
- Guide others in resolving complex issues in solution architecture and solves complex, escalated aspects of a project
- Monitor the progress and the quality of the project and reviews and develops due diligence to confirm the developed solution complies with architectural design
Skills and attributes for success
- Advanced understanding of Azure/Azure Gov (Gateways, Firewalls, Network Security Groups, vWAN, vNets, etc.) architecture and components with specialized awareness of network services.
- Self-starter with proven ability to develop creative solution that enable customers
- Excellent IP and internet networking fundamentals
- Advanced-level understanding of core networking technologies including: L2/L3 networking (OSPF, BGP, VLAN); firewalls; Azure network technologies (VNet, ExpressRoute, virtual network gateways),
- Knowledge and/or past experience on Zscalar or Palo Alto network services
- Knowledge and/or past experience on private and public DNS services
- Advanced knowledge of concepts of load balancing, WAFs cloud networking, security, and automation as associated with this space
- Highly analytical network troubleshooting skills utilizing packet capture/analysis packages such as Wireshark, etc..
- Strong knowledge of cloud monitoring systems and best practices
- Ability to analyze complex networking domains and write reusable code that simplifies and abstracts the underlying systems
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Interest and ability to research new and emerging technologies to better solve networking problems
- Ability to navigate the organization to facilitate work beyond the immediate technical team
- Ability to work across multiple projects with varied stakeholders.
- Excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong collaboration abilities – willingness to share ideas, documentation, and leading practices
- Conceptual and analytical skills – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ combined years of experience of professional network engineering or development experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret Security clearance
- Must present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request.
- Knowledge of US Government & Public Sector federal standards, including DFARS, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, CMMC L3, Cloud Computing SRG, etc.
- Experience with mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Networking experience (TCP/UDP/IP)
- Experience supporting peer teams and their responsibilities, such as infrastructure, operations, engineering, info-security
- Cloud experience especially US Gov Cloud platforms, in particular Microsoft AzureGov
- Some experience using Azure Devops/Ansible Tower to deploy network services in Azure
- Experience with Domain Name Services (DNS)
- Recent working experience with 3rd party Cloud-based Network Security providers such as Palo Alto and Zscaler (ZIA and ZPA)
- Delivered projects or initiatives using common methodologies especially Agile but also Waterfall, Iterative etc.
- Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies, including tools such as Azure Devops, Ansible Tower
- Achieved one or more of the typical Networking Architecture certifications e.g. Microsoft, MS Azure Network Engineer Associate, AWS Advance Networking Certification, vendor certifications such as Cisco’s CCNA, CCNP and security certifications such as (ISC)2, CISSP etc.
What we look for
Individuals with strong business and technical acumen who demonstrate drive, vision, teaming, and purpose and are passionate about helping our clients achieve their goals.
Get fresh Network Engineer Government jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.