Senior SATCOM Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
United States Fleet Forces Command (USFFC) Navy Communications System Coordination Center’s (NCCC) mission statement is to provide Communications System (CS) operational direction and guidance to Naval Forces Northern Command (NAVNORTH) in the U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) area responsibility (AOR); CS support to the Fleet Command Center and Maritime Operations Center (MOC); CS deliberate planning for NAVNORTH; and CS readiness assessment for NAVNORTH. This is accomplished by the NCCC as a subordinate organization to USFFC’s MOC.
The Assured Command and Control (AC2) Mission Planning (AMP) Cell is a subset of the USFFC NCCC and supports the planning and provisioning of Wideband Satellite Communications (SATCOM) service to afloat, subsurface, and mobile ground units in the NAVNORTH Area of Operations (AO).
This job is to provide Senior Engineering and operational support and technical leadership with an emphasis on Wideband SATCOM missions.
- Development and implementation of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) to support COCOMs, Joint Task Forces and Atlantic Fleet leadership on maneuvering communication systems posture in a Command and Control Denied or Degraded Environment (C2D2E)
- Analyze and provide results of AC2 capabilities to USFFC MOC and N6 Leadership
- As mandated by Joint Staff, conduct an annual revalidation of all Atlantic Fleet Satellite Communications Database (SDB) entries
- Provide AC2 support for the development of US Fleet Forces Annex K’s and Annex N’s for deliberate, contingency and exercise planning
- Review Ultra High Frequency (UHF) / Super High Frequency (SHF)/Extremely High Frequency (EHF) / Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) Satellite Access/Gateway Access Requests (SAR/GARS) to ensure content meets format imposed by higher echelon directives for specific medium requested and based on ship/unit schedules, validate requirements using the JIST
- Provide end-users with mission packages to establish operational links in accordance with published Satellite Access Authorization (SAA)
- Coordinate with Joint agencies to support requests that do not meet time submission policy because of originator/user personnel error, schedule change and/or configuration and equipment issues. Timely submission affords Atlantic Fleet forces the best opportunity to compete for access to limited joint assets
- Respond to emerging events and requests for UHF/SHF/AEHF/EHF Satellite requirements. Submission and assessment of joint satellite interference reports (JSIR) and Space Support request
- Assess requirements against available resources and identify mitigations for shortfalls in conjunction to highlighting any deficiencies to Fleet Cyber Command/Commander Tenth Fleet, Navy Information Forces (NAVIFOR), and Regional Satellite Support Center (RSSC) and/or supported Combatant Commander (Joint)
- Manage a team of 2-5 individuals providing operational support
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills and email etiquette. Must be a proactive self-starter, work well independently and with teams in a collaborative environment. Proficient with Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio.
- Minimum 10 years of DoD SATCOM experience with at least 5 years of program management experience, or 20 years of related technical experience
- Experience using JIST to process SARs and SAAs
- Experience working with Regional SATCOM Support Centers (RSSC) and/or Common Network Planning System (CNPS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field such as electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification.
- TS/SCI eligible
- Occasional travel including Hawaii, Naples Italy, Bahrain, San Diego
- Must be able to start by 14 October
- Active Duty personnel can use the SkillBridge Program if within 6 months of release (final approval for SkillBridge in process)
We target projects supporting the US Government and foreign allies, with a sharp focus on the South American market. Our leadership team has extensive experience delivering solutions that fulfill our customer’s technical, cost and schedule objectives.
Newsat North America, LLC
Get fresh Satcom Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.