Job Description :
News Corp seeks a self-motivated, technically-savvy analyst to work across our global audience development and engagement datasets.
As a member of the team at News Corp HQ, you will work with senior technology and strategy executives, as well as with audience development, SEO, and analytics leaders and practitioners at News Corp brands including Realtor.com, Wall Street Journal, Barron's, New York Post, MarketWatch, HarperCollins, The Times of London, The Sun, The Australian, News.com.au, to name a few.
Your work will focus on deriving data-driven insights and recommendations using an array of data and tools including Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Botify, SEM Rush, Rigor, Get Stat and others, with the ultimate goal of helping our teams expand their audience reach and drive loyalty and engagement. The role sits at the intersection of marketing, editorial, customer insights, tech and product.
- Work directly with SEO, Product, Engineering, and Audience Analytics executives at News Corp Headquarters to understand audience development and engagement strategy and goals and develop new approaches to data analysis that can help our businesses achieve these goals.
- Work with SEO, data, and performance engineering teams at News Corp business units in the U.S., UK, Australia and India to roll up and align audience and SEO data across these business units.
- Provide actionable insights to News Corp's global executive team as well as to business unit newsroom, marketing, technology, and strategy teams
- Develop in-house tools, dashboards using API calls, scripts and apps to integrate SEO and Traffic data across platforms.
- Analyze web and app traffic analytics, and generate reports to help HQ and business units understand trends and patterns in traffic and SEO.
- Conduct or assist with Technical SEO audits. Perform competitor analysis to discover new SEO opportunities
- Help produce SEO documentation for up to date SEO recommendations, and training alongside business unit SEO Leads.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in Marketing, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or relevant field with a strong understanding of SEO and Organic Search.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in SEO and audience development
- Strong analytical proficiency and knowledge using Omniture (Adobe Analytics), Google Analytics.
- Strong working knowledge of Google tools such as Search Console, Lighthouse, Pagespeed Insights, Tag Manager, Data Studio.
- Experience working with SEO Tools such as SEMrush, GetStat, Screaming Frog, Botify, DeepCrawl.
- Knowledge of basic web design principles and technologies, and their SEO implications
- A general understanding of search engine best practices, ranking factors, SEO techniques and Search algorithms.
- Strong experience with Google Apps such as Google Sheets, Slides, Doc etc.
- Familiar with GitHub repos, and local app development.
- An understanding of Paywalled content, and how Google indexes it to be able to optimize the content and snippet experience.
- Experience with Bing Webmaster Tools, and Google News Publisher & Producer.
- Deep knowledge of the Google AMP project, roadmap and error reporting.
- Sitemap optimization
- Understanding of web Optimization and Pagespeed Insights.
- Publishing industry experience
News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers throughout the world. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including: news and information services, book publishing, digital real estate services, cable network programming in Australia, and pay-tv distribution in Australia.
Headquartered in New York, the activities of News Corp are conducted primarily in the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom.