Driver (none CDL)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Newrest ATL has an immediate positions available for Drivers to work in In-Flight Catering. This position does not require a CDL.
The incumbent loads galley equipment onto a truck, drive the truck to various types of aircraft and loads the equipment/materials. He/she accomplishes all activities in line with customers guidelines while adhering to safety regulations. Drivers will work and abide by all safety protocols and procedures established by Newrest and the Atlanta Airport. Drivers will perform all essential functions listed below but will not be limited to them. Operational need will determine what tasks and functions need to be completed on any given day.
**While waiting for the fingerprinting process, Drivers will work in the interior learning the entire process that may include working in the Fridge, on the Dock or other areas as designated.
- Load and unload of all equipment on trucks
- Check the conformity of the amount of trolleys and cabinets to be delivered before loading
- Fill pre-trip inspection book &perform mandatory safety checks of the vehicle for each shift
- Ensure loading the products into vehicles according to plan galley
- Ensure on time delivery of all items for each flight
- Communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatcher
- Drive a heavy vehicle respecting traffic regulations (road and track)
- Secure all products before delivery to the aircraft by sealing material (truck)
- Ensure compliance of loading according to the procedures in place
- Ensure cleaning of the vehicle and the area around the dock after each shift
- Fill various security documents (certificate), safety and HACCP
- Train new drivers
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported
- Observe the proper use of equipment
- Follow all procedure for health, safety and security
- Maintain clean working area, maintain clean loading docks, maintain clean equipment following rules
- Be diligent, punctual, and reliable
- Perform other duties assigned
- Proper utilization and compliance with all relative technology provided to complete daily job functions
- Communication over radio to provide updates and issues on whereabouts
- Proper compliance with GMPs cc: GMP document
- Usage and compliance of provided Newrest safety vest, work boots and SIDA badge
- Implementation of all current and new operation procedures
- Communication to leadership if a safety risk is presented
- Flexibility to accommodate any job task requested by leadership
- Understanding and awareness of a rapidly changing work environment
- Must have valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Must be able to acquire a DOT Medical Card
- Prior experience in airline or aviation related industry is a plus
- Ability to pass all required airport security clearance
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Understanding and ability to use and manage technological devices
- Good attendance records
- Ability to adapt to new operating procedures
- Awareness to safety risks
- Ability to communicate issues and knowledge gaps
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) awareness is an asset otherwise training will be provided
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends (depending on assigned shift) and work overtime when required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work outdoors and varying temperatures and environments
- Experience on US airport tarmac strongly recommended
- Understand the rules of hygiene, safety and security
- authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Free lunch provided every day
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Newrest maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
Powered by JazzHR
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Newrest
Get fresh Newrest ATL jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.