Subcontract Technical Representative 4
Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos LLC Los Alamos, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
Job title: Subcontract Technical Representative (STR) 4
FLSA Status: Exempt
Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos (N3B) manages the 10-year, $1.38 billion Los Alamos Legacy Cleanup Contract for the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Environmental Management, Los Alamos Field Office.
N3B is a limited liability company owned by HII Nuclear Inc. and BWX Technologies, joined by our critical subcontractors Longenecker and Associates and Tech2 Solutions.
N3B brings operational discipline, proven approaches and predictable results to the Los Alamos Legacy Cleanup Contract.
This position is located in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Los Alamos is a tight-knit mountain community that consistently ranks as one of Livability.com’s Best Small Towns in America. The city is a top spot for outdoor enthusiasts as it has more than 120 hiking and biking trails, and residents enjoy easy access to the Pajarito Mountain Ski Area. Thanks to the University of New Mexico-Los Alamos’ presence in the area, Los Alamos also has a college-town vibe that’s a major draw for young professionals, families and retirees.
The STR filling this position develops and oversees subcontracts associated with waste management, maintenance, and project-driven work performed by CH-TRU. This includes administrative activities, such as preparing bid packages, drafting work statements, compiling work documents, and procuring specialized materials, equipment, and services. Responsibilities extend beyond the administrative to include field oversight activities, such as participation in the work release process, review of subcontractor personnel training status, and assurance that safety, quality, and technical requirements are being met during work execution.
This position requires creativity and flexibility to meet new challenges and the expertise to apply appropriate solutions efficiently.
This position reports to the CH-TRU Operations Support Manager.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the administration of CH-TRU waste management subcontracts as well as construction, maintenance, and other site service subcontracts in accordance with N3B Acquisition Management policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the efforts of subcontractor personnel with facility and waste operations, engineering, environmental, safety and health, security, quality assurance, and waste management programs to execute work in a safe, compliant, and efficient manner.
- Arranges for subcontractor site access and confirms that necessary permits, work documents, facility authorizations, and other requirements are in place prior to work release.
- Provides oversight of subcontract compliance with regards to safety, cost, schedule, and environmental performance within the terms of the contract.
- Facilitate development of statements of work, contract exhibits, purchase requisitions, and schedules.
- Participates on a team of STRs to develop and improve subcontract execution and oversight processes through creative and innovative ideas.
- Supports subcontract close out activities and maintains contract files.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Comprehensive knowledge of general principles and techniques associated with subcontract management with specific familiarity of waste management and nuclear facilities.
- Thorough knowledge of subcontract policies, procedures, and government regulations affecting subcontract management.
- Knowledge of statement of work development and Exhibits (F) Environmental Safety and Health, (G) Security, and (H) Quality Assurance development.
- Ability to form and assist with administration of subcontracts through the bidder pre-qualification, compilation of bid requests, bid evaluation, award, monitoring the performance of contractors, and resolution of claims and disputes.
- Ability to coordinate and lead projects that involve multiple organizations, scopes, and may span extended time periods.
- Ability to write succinct and easily understood Word reports and Excel spreadsheets.
- Capable of managing multiple assignments simultaneously.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors’ degree combined with 10 years’ relative experience. However, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
Education Equivalency: 2 years of relevant experience for 1 year of college.
Experience in nuclear facility operations and waste management is desired.
Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Normally assigned to perform work in an office environment with daily excursions to perform field oversight activities. Job performance requires adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements of the discipline.
Safety, Security, and Quality
While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, the STR will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner to include protecting the confidentiality and integrity of Personally Identifiable Information (PII). This role will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety, security and quality an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Diversity & Inclusiveness
N3B is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
N3B will ensure no applicant for employment or employee is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos LLC
AddressLos Alamos, NM
ConstructionView all jobs at Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos LLC