Project Manager, Non Supervisory 3
Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos (N3B) manages the 10-year, $1.6 billion Los Alamos Legacy Cleanup Contract for the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Environmental Management, Los Alamos Field Office.
N3B is a limited liability company owned by HII Nuclear Inc. and BWX Technologies, joined by our critical subcontractors Longenecker and Associates and Tech2 Solutions.
N3B brings operational discipline, proven approaches and predictable results to the Los Alamos Legacy Cleanup Contract.
This position is located in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Los Alamos is a tight-knit mountain community that consistently ranks as one of Livability.com’s Best Small Towns in America. The city is a top spot for outdoor enthusiasts as it has more than 120 hiking and biking trails, and residents enjoy easy access to the Pajarito Mountain Ski Area. Thanks to the University of New Mexico-Los Alamos’ presence in the area, Los Alamos also has a college-town vibe that’s a major draw for young professionals, families and retirees.
The Project Manager, Non-Supervisory 3 for Program Management Office (PMO) reporting to the Program Manager of the PMO. The Project Manager primary responsibilities include meeting with internal and external stakeholders to review project plans, coordinating with different teams and departments regarding timelines, and presenting project initiatives to senior executives.
A Project Manager oversees one special project or multiple general projects for an organization. The Project Manager understands the entire scope of their project or projects, down to the smallest details. They are the internal point of contact for any question related to timelines, budgets, or other key elements of the project. Project Managers also ensure projects stay on budget and finish by their expected deadline.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Project Managers ensure that all members of a project team work collaboratively and individually to create a deliverable that meets the clients’ or stakeholders’ expectations. Duties and responsibilities of a Project Manager may include:
- Defining project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with the senior leadership team and internal stakeholders
- Establishing effective and appropriate project governance for a project
- Producing and maintaining a project plan while conducting the project within constraints of the framework used by different delivery teams
- Developing full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Planning and scheduling project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Estimating the resources and participants required to achieve project goals
- Ensuring proper financial management of the project
- Ensuring proper risk management by documenting all risks and employing an effective
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- A successful Project Manager has various prerequisite skills and qualifications required for the duties performed in their role. Some of these may include:
- Experience in leading integrated project teams.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to implement and support complex enterprise software systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent vendor management and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence and foster an environment of shared accountability
- Ability to collaborate with people, processes, and systems
- Ability to be flexible and highly adaptive in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors' degree in project management or construction management discipline with 6 years of related experience; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable. A Project Management Professional Certification is desirable.
Employee Referral Eligibility:
This position is eligible for N3B’s employee referral program.
Hard To Fill: Yes ☒ No ☐
Benefits and Salary:
N3B offers all full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes 401(k) with employer matching, medical, dental, vision, paid PTO, and more. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Normally assigned to perform work in an office environment. Only electrical hazards and other minor potential hazards normally found in an office environment are anticipated. Job performance requires adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements of the discipline. Office work environment.
Safety, Security, and Quality
While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, the Project Manager 3, Supervisory will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner to include protecting the confidentiality and integrity of Personally Identifiable Information (PII). This role will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety, security and quality an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security. Ability to obtain an L level Department of Energy security clearance.
Diversity & Inclusiveness
N3B is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
N3B will ensure no applicant for employment or employee is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos LLCLos Alamos, NM
TechnologyView All Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.