Procurement Specialist 1
Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos LLC Los Alamos, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Procurement Specialist 1
Organization: Business Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos (N3B) manages the 10-year, $1.38 billion Los Alamos Legacy Cleanup Contract for the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Environmental Management, Los Alamos Field Office.
N3B is a limited liability company owned by Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) Nuclear and BWX Technologies, joined by our critical subcontractors Longenecker and Associates and Tech2 Solutions.
N3B brings operational discipline, proven approaches and predictable results to the Los Alamos Legacy Cleanup Contract.
This position is located in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Los Alamos is a tight-knit mountain community that consistently ranks as one of Livability.com’s Best Small Towns in America. The city is a top spot for outdoor enthusiasts as it has more than 120 hiking and biking trails, and residents enjoy easy access to the Pajarito Mountain Ski Area. Thanks to the University of New Mexico-Los Alamos’ presence in the area, Los Alamos also has a college-town vibe that’s a major draw for young professionals, families and retirees.
N3B is seeking a professional, enthusiastic and energetic individual to fill the position of Procurement Specialist.
The N3B Procurement Specialist will prepare, review, negotiate, and administer contracts and purchase orders.
This position reports to the Director, Acquisition.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
Plans, solicits, awards and administers different types of contracts in accordance with established policies and procedures; interprets specifications and statements of work; analyzes proposals where price and/or technical evaluations are involved and makes decisions involving multiple objectives; researches and interprets regulations and contract requirements.
- Reviews cost proposals and pricing information.
- Prepares and administers contracts and purchase orders with specific vendors.
- Compares bids from vendors and determines, or assists with determination, to whom contracts will be awarded.
- Evaluates vendor proposals to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Confirms that terms and delivery dates are accurate.
- Evaluates competence of vendors and reviews their invoices for accuracy.
- Acts as liaison with other departments, vendors, and regulatory agencies, as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Knowledge of contract principles and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Timely in following up on contracts and checking on backordered items.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized purchasing operations, legal and ethical aspects of procurement, selection and evaluation of suppliers, cost/price analysis theories and techniques, negotiation strategies and techniques, and the award and administration of various types of contracts.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills, with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree. However, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
Education Equivalency: 2 years of relevant experience for 1 year of college.
Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, and other personnel in the section or group.
Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instructions. Contributions are usually limited to task-related activities. Errors do not typically have a major effect on the organization.
Safety, Security, and Quality
While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, the Procurement Specialist will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner to include protecting the confidentiality and integrity of Personally Identifiable Information (PII). This role will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety, security and quality an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Normally assigned to perform work in an office environment. Only electrical hazards and other minor potential hazards normally found in an office environment are anticipated. Job performance requires adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements of the discipline. Office work environment.
Diversity & Inclusiveness
N3B is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. N3B will ensure no applicant for employment or employee is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos LLC
AddressLos Alamos, NM
BusinessView all jobs at Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos LLC