Mobile Crisis Clinician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $80,000 Yearly
Newport Mental Health (NMH) is a progressive high-energy organization that uses state of the art approaches to help individuals recover from mental illness and substance use disorders.
We are currently seeking a Master’s Level Clinician or Licensed Registered Nurse to provide community-based emergency services and enhance partnerships to support individuals with behavioral health disorders, particularly focusing on those who are at risk for substance use. Preference will be given to Qualified Mental Health Professionals (QMHP) but NMH will provide the training and assist with the certification process for individuals eligible to become QMHP’s.
The Mobile Crisis Clinician will be embedded in local police departments and in conjunction with law enforcement provide after hours community-based crisis assessments and interventions. They will coordinate with BH Link, acute stabilization units and area hospitals regarding outreach, evaluation and disposition, and referral for all assessments; performing emergency certifications as needed.
The Clinician will provide the following services and referrals:
- Mobile Crisis Response
- Crisis management and stabilization
- Clinical assessment
- Risk assessment
- Continued engagement and connection to follow up services.
- Master’s Degree in human services field or Licensure as a Registered Nurse both with a minimum of 2 years of employment in community mental health, crisis stabilization unit or inpatient psychiatric setting
- Credentialed or eligible to be credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional through the Department of MHRH
- 2 or more years of experience working with individuals with trauma and substance abuse issues
- Ability to diagnose using DSM 5 criteria
- Caring and empathetic, with exceptional communication skills for interaction with a variety of individuals
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in an organized manner
- Ability to work with clients who may exhibit unsafe, high risk behaviors
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation to travel to work sites throughout the area.
Compensation up to $80,000 for licensed and experienced clinicians.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefit package in a supportive environment where mentorship and mission is critical to our work. We value diversity and encourage candidates with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply. Our fast paced and impactful workplace provides an excellent environment to learn.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
More about us:
Founded in 1964, Newport Mental Health provides trauma informed evidence-based services to children, adolescents, families, and adults who are experiencing problems with mental illness, substance abuse or stress in their lives that would benefit from counseling and other behavioral health services and supports. Our person-centered recovery approach to care offers individuals a chance to achieve a better quality of life and recovery from emotional illness.
Newport Mental Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Newport Mental Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?