Laboratory Technician II
Newport Laboratories is seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a Laboratory Technician. Newport Labs, located in Worthington, Minnesota, is a leading provider of USDA autogenous vaccines and diagnostic services, and was recently acquired by Vaxxinova (more information below).
About the Laboratory Technician role
The Technician role is responsible for assisting and supporting the process, to ensure site wide compliance in production, testing, and distribution of veterinary biologic products, within the guidelines set by regulatory agencies. This position will work in an aseptic, bacterin production laboratory within manufacturing.
Shift: Monday to Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
Summary of Responsibilities for a laboratory technician:
- Grow various bacteria for the use in animal vaccines while maintaining sterile laboratory techniques
- Work under minimal supervision to assist with projects with maintaining a high level or process clarity
- Follow SOPS in an efficient and accurate manner
- Aseptically assist in antigen production or serial processing to ensure on-time delivery
- Clean and maintain the aseptic environment; maintain cleanliness of facilities
- Execute necessary documentation, ensuring accurate and complete information
- Maintain inventory of laboratory consumables
- Assist in investigation of laboratory error to identify root cause and prevent repeated errors
- Assist other departments as requested and complete other duties as assigned
- Promote safety in all areas of work, professional courtesy, and a positive work environment within the company
Qualifications and Capabilities for a laboratory technician:
- Familiar with regulatory agencies including the USDA/CVB, C-CVB, VICH, OSHA, Federal, State, and Local Agencies
- Familiar with microbiology techniques and languages as well as principles of veterinary biologics
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining a high level of compliance to quality standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strengths in organization, time management, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion; bend, twist, and stand for long periods of time; perform fine motor manipulations
- Ability to pass a medical clearance/fit testing
- Associates degree or higher preferred; High school diploma required
- Education or experience in microbiology or a related field is preferred.
Benefits at Newport Laboratories:
We are proud to offer a generous benefit package in addition to competitive compensation. Our benefits include:
- Health Savings Account with company match
- 401K plan with company match
- PTO accrual
- Holiday pay
- Short and long term disability
- Company paid life insurance
About Newport Labs and Vaxxinova
Newport Labs is a leading manufacturer of Custom Made Vaccines (autogenous biologics) and has a long reputation of excellent customer service based on trust, integrity and a philosophy of partnering with veterinarians to identify and address diseases.
Newport Laboratories was acquired by Vaxxinova in October 2021. Vaxxinova International is headquartered in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. Vaxxinova has a global network of production, R&D, and/or diagnostic facilities in 9 countries: Brazil, Germany, Italy, Japan, Jordan, the Netherlands, Norway, Chile and two locations in the US (Willmar and Worthington, Minnesota). Vaxxinova products and services are available in more than 60 countries. Worldwide, Vaxxinova is a growing company with a staff of over 1,000 people.
Vaxxinova is part of the family-owned EW Group. The EW Group is based in Germany and is specialized in animal genetics, animal nutrition and animal health, with a globally dominant position in poultry genetics. The EW Group operates in over 100 countries and records consistent international growth. Its positive outlook and global orientation have led to an independent and significantly stable position in the market and a steady expansion.
Newport LaboratoriesWorthington, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.