Newport Academy is a series of evidence-based healing centers for adolescents and families struggling with mental health issues. With locations across the United States, Newport Academy offers a family-systems approach, providing gender-specific, individualized, and comprehensive holistic programs that encompass clinical therapy, academic support, and experiential practices. We treat individuals, ages 12–20, who are experiencing depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, and substance abuse. Offerings include residential treatment, intensive outpatient programming, therapeutic day schools, and day treatment. Newport Academy nurtures the physical, psychological, social, educational, and spiritual needs of adolescents and their families, from a foundation of compassionate care, clinical expertise, and unconditional love. Our primary mission is to empower teens and restore families. Experts include medical directors, psychiatrists, therapists, registered dietitians, nurses, licensed social workers, teachers, and more.
Check out our Careers page Careers
Empowering Teens. Restoring Families.®
The LVN provides on-site nursing and attendant care to adolescents residing in Newport Academy. The LVN is expected to perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the mission and core values of Newport Academy and comply with all policies and procedures, OSHA, HIPPA, local, state, and federal, regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct care and nursing services to residents as prescribed by program regulations, and/or individual treatment plan, including collecting medical specimens.
- Maintains records, including but not limited to Medication Administration, medical records, medical charts, etc. Participate in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings as needed.
- Responsible for preventing client abuse by adhering to all policies and procedures, attending periodic training, reporting suspicious and inappropriate behavior, and following mandatory abuse reporting requirements.
- Monitor chronic health conditions, respiratory distress and seizures.
- Obtains patient data and vital signs and reports findings to the RN/Medical Director.
- Screen residents for medical/dental exams and schedule appropriate medical appointments including dental, vision, & clinical, providing medical information on a need to know basis.
- Comply with all reporting requirements, biohazard program requirements, medical protocols, etc.
- Attendance at meetings per prior arrangement, and participation as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Ability to multi-task while managing emotional states remaining calm and practicing patience.
The LVN must hold a current LVN license in the state for which you are applying and have at least two years of prior nursing experience.
Newport Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.